Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

he overstepped the mark :(

(14 Posts)
howstupidamI Tue 21-Aug-07 18:10:13

I have been having chats which can get a bit raunchy via msn with a man who I kind of work with but he doesn't work in our office.
Today he came into our office and brushed his hand against my bum.
I'm now thinking things are out of hand as we are both married but get pleasure out of the online chats. I don't want anything to go any further than that though and I certainly don't want anyone else to know about it.
I don't why am posting this on here I guess I just wanted to get things off my chest as I can't tell anyone in rl about it

scorpio1 Tue 21-Aug-07 18:11:14

maybe you should stop the chats before things go further.

Cappuccino Tue 21-Aug-07 18:12:47

yes you are very stupid

and have overstepped the mark in the first place AFAIC

MerlinsBeard Tue 21-Aug-07 18:14:00

in the owrds of Joey from friends. You are so far away from th eline, the line is a dot to you.

you either want it, or you don't. It needs to stop completely imo

Chloe55 Tue 21-Aug-07 18:14:16

I'd be furious if my husband did this so maybe it's both of you who have overstepped the mark even before the hand on bum incident

Cappuccino Tue 21-Aug-07 18:14:30

lol at Joey

lulumama Tue 21-Aug-07 18:14:43

stop it now, maybe just send a final MSN saying gone too far, and cannot go further, he is obviously wanting to take it further, and it has to end now. if you have been having raunchy chats, he might well have thought you wanted to take things further

and maybe ask yourself why you are looking for something else outside a relationship you are in?

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 21-Aug-07 18:14:53

It's a bit of a silly thing to do - you might know it's firmly in the realms of fantasy but he obviously doesn't. You're inviting his attention unless you stop or make it clear that it's fantasty.

howstupidami Tue 21-Aug-07 18:28:11

I liked chatting to him because he would compliment me and talk to me and I feel I Can talk to him about anything.
When I talk to dh it never seems the same but I love him dearly and we still have a great sex life.
It did get out of hand a while ago and I put a stop to it but I just missed talking to him
I am going to put a stop to it

scorpio1 Tue 21-Aug-07 18:30:26

talk to your DH instead on MSN.

redtoenails Tue 21-Aug-07 18:32:54

agree with cappuccine YOU overstepped the mark, he was merely catching up!

meandmy Tue 21-Aug-07 18:36:32

tell him you can only continue to chat if it just chat, does your dh know you talk to him?
when i first met dp i was chatting on phone/text to a lad knew, i told dp about him and told the lad about dp and as soon as the lad realised i was serious about dp he wanted nothing more to do with me not even our general chat (not the normal compliments/flirting) it was horrible to think his nice words were for one reason not for my friendship speak to dp about it and talk to the other person!

MerlinsBeard Tue 21-Aug-07 18:37:57

right, i am going to be blunt here. you either want it or you don't. you need to make up your mind. you can't have part of it and not the rest.

lifebeginstoday Tue 21-Aug-07 20:34:30

It's cheating, whichever way you look at it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: