Talk

Advanced search

Advice re. online dating

(3 Posts)
Gemi33 Sat 09-Nov-19 10:54:07

Hi everyone

I have been single for a long time and people have been encouraging me to try OLD for a while - I have always resisted it. I am overweight, not very confident and to be honest the whole thing scares me. However, I am now worried that I have missed the chance to have children and I'm just fed up of being on my own so I am thinking about it.

I have no idea where to start - what sites are best? What makes a good profile? I would love to hear any tips or suggestions!

xx

pog100 Sat 09-Nov-19 10:56:23

OP go to this long standing thread it's very supportive and informative.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/3730977-dating-thread-173-winter-is-coming-cuffing-is-optional

Joy69 Sat 09-Nov-19 16:34:22

I've just met someone on Ok Cupid. Seemed ok, but only had 2 dates, the first was a nice guy, just not for me. I didn't reply to people asking for email address, whatsapp etc straight away as in we'd only just started to chat.
If this helps my 2nd date, who I'm still seeing said my profile stood out because it was natural & it showed what my hobbies/lifestyle were, not the usual posed shots.
With saying that he is not someone that I would usually go for, but we met & he's absolutely perfect for me.
Go into it with an open mind. You won't fancy everyone & visa versa. If it doesn't work don't beat yourself up about it.
Good luck. Have fun grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »