Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does having a foreskin make an orgasm four time more likely?

(48 Posts)
mumtolily Wed 15-Aug-07 14:59:58

DH's doctor wants him to have a circumcision but he's not keen and one of the main reasons is he's read that women are four more time likely to orgasm if the bloke has a foreskin!

Anyone test driven both?

giraffeski Wed 15-Aug-07 15:04:35

Message withdrawn

FioFio Wed 15-Aug-07 15:17:57

Message withdrawn

sleepfinder Wed 15-Aug-07 19:51:51

Can I ask why the doctor is so keen for him to have one, at this stage in his life?

flightattendant Wed 15-Aug-07 20:03:48

Have tested both

With foreskin was wonderful, I never orgasmed but that was because he was my first lover and I didn't know how, didn't feel secure enough. But I loved the sensation in a different way.

Without, well he was a bastard anyway so I'm biased here, but he always insisted he ouldn't use a durex because the lack of foreskin made the sensation much less (Ah now I see why I got pregnant! And apparently it was MY fault! )
I could not feel him inside me as strongly, maybe just different sized penis, I think they were roughly similar? though -
I did orgasm, but only on top as he was a lazy sod!

I think it varies from man to man
Poor DH, I hope it doesn't hurt too much!

flightattendant Wed 15-Aug-07 20:37:05

Oh god I killed the thread

Aaargghhh! Of all the threads to kill!!!!

Please someone else come and lay it all on the line, or I shall die of shame at my indiscretion

Pruners Wed 15-Aug-07 20:46:55

Message withdrawn

Pan Wed 15-Aug-07 20:48:52

A lot of cock.

<< well, a little less actually..>>

DaDaDa Wed 15-Aug-07 21:44:12

It'll hurt a lot more as an adult. I think the 'cleaner' argument is suspect too as an adult, unless one is very lazy...

I'm not surprised he's quite attached to his foreskin [ba-dum-tish] Would frenuloplasty not help his situation. Ahem.

hls Fri 17-Aug-07 10:28:57

Seems a very odd thing to say. Is thre a medical reason for the operaition? There must be if the doc suggested it.

Shoot me down ladies, but I always thought that most orgasms were from the clitoris and not the vagina, so it shouldn't make a jot of difference.

Think the doc needs to go back to school if he said that....

expatinscotland Fri 17-Aug-07 10:31:13

I've test-driven both.

Let's just say, I prefer uncut all the way!

expatinscotland Fri 17-Aug-07 10:32:12

Oh, no, hls, I can assure you, orgasms are not just from the clitoris.

Some women are not able to orgasm from the vagina, but some more definitely can .

And believe me, there is a difference!

jellyjelly Fri 17-Aug-07 12:00:57

I like both, have had both and soemtimes not even known that i have had a cut one.

Both have pros and cons. i like cut as they seem to be a bit cleaner and they are rumoured to help prevent the spread of hiv.

I think uncut look better but i havent had better orgasms because of one or the other.

flightattendant Fri 17-Aug-07 12:38:59

Ah Expat, glad you said that. I couldn't at all during sex till I was 31 and finally it happened...definitely no hands involved!

I could never relax enough when they were using their hands etc.

I never believed vaginal orgasm was possible. Now a reformed (and rather surprised) sceptic!

Has anyone seen the American forums for mums, this sort of thread kicks off BIGtime as many of them are having their babies done - it's much more usual there, Expat you would know I guess, being from the US?

expatinscotland Fri 17-Aug-07 12:40:22

It's more usual there indeed, flight, BUT the percentages are now falling, thankfully.

FWIW, my first lover was a European, so I was an early convert to Circumcision Is Not Cool .

flightattendant Fri 17-Aug-07 12:43:04

Oh I'm very glad to hear it...about the rates dropping. I used to post on Ovusoft and never dared state my opinion, I'm very anti in babies, though if there's a medical reason and/or a choice as OP's husband has, it's different.

expatinscotland Fri 17-Aug-07 12:45:13

True, sometimes it is medically necessary, including in adults.

But when it's not, wahey!

My mother once revealed to me that my father isn't - although he's American, his parents were Mexican.

Talk about TMI!

flightattendant Fri 17-Aug-07 12:57:59

Blimey!

bookwormtailmum Fri 17-Aug-07 13:05:41

Have 'tested' both types (XP is Jewish) and one thing I remmeber is that the tip of the head isn't as soft in a circumcised man as in the pre-op version - the foreskin keeps it nice and damp in between use iyswim. I'd keep him uncircumcised if you can but if it's a medical reason, then you may not have a choice. Cleanliness is like everything else - it's down the to the person concerned.

Meeely2 Fri 17-Aug-07 13:20:34

without is much cleaner, but my DH is all in tact. It's how you use it, not whats attached to it! sorry if tmi, but he will find w*nking weird, lots of hand cream or baby lotion involved, avoids friction burns!

herladyship Fri 17-Aug-07 13:35:04

have 'test driven' both and found both to be equally pleasurable..

maybe i'm just not fussy?!

Meeely2 Fri 17-Aug-07 13:36:20

my exp used to say he had 5% less than other men - is your dh worried about size?

Dropdeadfred Fri 17-Aug-07 13:42:39

wanking without one must be horrid

themoon66 Fri 17-Aug-07 13:48:18

I've test driven both and am suprised to find I'm in a minority of preferring ones who have been snipped.

I think uncut look all baggy and saggy and yeuk... all that movable loose skin.

Although, TBH, neither is a what I would call 'pretty'

Sazisi Fri 17-Aug-07 13:56:18

I wouldn't have thought there's anything in that tbh surely slippy and stream-lined is a good thing, no?

Anecdotally though, I have heard most women prefer to go down on a circumcised willy, so if he needs the op, perhaps mention that as a little bonus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now