Talk

Advanced search

How did karma get your ex husband?

(54 Posts)
Lola0426 Wed 16-Oct-19 13:55:46

Hey ladies!

My husband wants us to seperate and for me to move out of the family home with our DS so he can have the house to himself . I refused, so he has resulted to bullying.

Just want to read some stories of karma getting your EX's back to make me feel better knowing that one day he'll get what he deserves for being a bully.

gamerchick Wed 16-Oct-19 13:56:46

Maybe you should speak to a solicitor OP.

MrsMaiselsMuff Wed 16-Oct-19 13:58:10

Karma isn't a real thing. Wishing misfortune on someone is only going to drag you down.

See a solicitor. Can you afford to manage the house if he was to leave?

BarbedBloom Wed 16-Oct-19 14:00:34

Karma doesn't exist. My cheating abusive ex husband is remarried and seems to be happy, doubt she is though. I would always fight against his control, maybe she is okay with it. But I am also happily remarried and that is the important thing. Resentment is drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die

hellsbellsmelons Wed 16-Oct-19 14:11:53

I don't believe Karma exists either.
My ExH fucked off to another country.
Took no interest in his DD.
Had another DD with the OW.
She turned out to be very mentally unstable but he was vile to her and violent.
Went on to the next woman and the next, living off of them.
Now has another one.
The only Karma he got was that he was hugely successful but threw it all away and now lives off of OW instead of standing on his own 2 feel.
His DD won't even speak to him so he's lost her but I don't think it bothers him.

My ExP, no Karma there at all. Still with the OW. Still has same friends etc.... goes on holidays while I struggle.

Honestly - NO SUCH THING.
Bad things happen to good people and bad people just carry on and live a blessed life.
Life is shit and unfair - that's how I see it anyway.

pointythings Wed 16-Oct-19 14:15:05

That's really not a healthy mindset. I have seen your other thread and your husband is awful, but your best revenge is to separate from him legally, make sure you get everything you are entitled to and then live a wonderful happy life with your son.

My alcoholic husband made life miserable for me and our DDs, especially the last year or two, but when he died 8 months after being made to move out, it was just sad. No vengeful thoughts at a.

OurChristmasMiracle Wed 16-Oct-19 14:19:24

I’ve moved on with my life and I’m excelling. I’m in a happy stable relationship and building a career. He held me back and controlled me and as a result never got to see me flourish. He has no part in my life now and that’s his karma- he lost me, and didn’t get to see me do well for myself and doesn’t get to benefit from that

hellsbellsmelons Wed 16-Oct-19 14:19:46

How is he bullying you OP?
Keep of log of everything he is doing.
Get yourself to a solicitor asap and get your ducks in a row.
He's abusing you, so contact Womens Aid. They can help you find a solicitor who deals with abusive assholes and takes no shit.
What is the house situation?
Did you buy it together?
Both on the mortgage?
If so then stay put.
He can buy you out. That's the only way you should be leaving.
Unless he is offering to buy you something of the same value!!???

Google 'the grey rock method'. That might help you in the interim to deal with is bullshit.
Check out 'narcissists and how to deal with them' as well.

I'm assuming he has OW? What are his reasons for wanting to separate?

Check out 'The Script' as well so are prepared for all that is to come.
It's actually quite funny to read. And when it all starts happening you can smile to yourself, that yes, he is totally following 'the script'. It's written as if it's for the cheater.
Check out THIS LINK it's in there.

ComeOnGordon Wed 16-Oct-19 14:23:06

I was treated like shit by my ex so I wasn’t sad when he fell off his bike and broke some bones.

Also not sad that the OW who is now his girlfriend is ridiculously clingy since she knows what her boyfriend is capable with.

thisnamechanger Wed 16-Oct-19 14:23:12

Yeah karma is made up. Revolting ex DP has a beautiful house, long term GF and (this part hurts most) a dog (am dogless not by choice!).

He's probably still a cunt though to swings and roundabouts. grin

thisnamechanger Wed 16-Oct-19 14:23:42

so*

I don't know why you'd be a cunt TO swings and roundabouts but I wouldn't put even that past him

Lllot5 Wed 16-Oct-19 14:26:46

No such thing as karma I’m afraid. Good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people every day.
Just have to keep buggering on and try to do the right thing. flowers

Windydaysuponus Wed 16-Oct-19 14:28:07

Ime karma does exist.
Exh refused to allow me to take any of our photo albums when I left.. He stashed them in his car
Few weeks later his car went up in flames at a garage while in having work done..
He spent years neglecting our dc during his 50 /50 time which was actually me begging to see dc while he farmed them out...
At 12 the dc saw him for the narcissistic he was and went nc with him...
He is a lonely old man now.
I didn't sit dreaming of karma's arrival., did indeed live my life as my reward for the abusive I once had.
Live yours op and be patient....

LonginesPrime Wed 16-Oct-19 14:29:28

Fuck karma - you need a non-molestation order.

Interestedwoman Wed 16-Oct-19 14:33:37

Karma doesn't exist, or for instance rapists and paedoes would all meet some sort of sticky end, whereas most go on to have successful lives.

However, everyone has bad things happen such as losing jobs, losing relationships, getting sick and dying. That can be fun to watch smile

fokouembiyemassj Wed 16-Oct-19 14:37:06

What @hellsbellsmelons said . It's been 7 years for me and he's still happy with OW and mocking me for being poor and struggling with our DS in whom he isn't interested.
Op there is no karma and in my next life , I will be ruthless and heartless at least then I might have a good life .
Hope everything works well for you smile

eenymeenyminyme Wed 16-Oct-19 14:44:00

The best revenge you can get is living your best life.

Then whether karma exists or not, you're still moving on and having a good time.

Windmillwhirl Wed 16-Oct-19 14:45:46

I agree karma doesn't exist. Some people get their comeuppance, others don't.

I always think the best thing you can do is live your own life well and don't even think about an ex. Wishing bad things on another is a waste of time, it's also damaging as it keeps you trapped into thinking about an ex long after you don't have to.

LabellaChicca Wed 16-Oct-19 14:48:15

@Lola0426 super sexy OW put on 30 lbs, while I lost the same grin ! Needless to say he was soon looking to go back in time while I was thriving.

ShippingNews Wed 16-Oct-19 14:53:02

I don't believe in karma, but I can't help being really happy about how my ex's life has turned out.

He cheated on me, and totally ignored our children when I left him. He went from being a big family man, to treating his kids like they didn't exist. Presumably because they were with me , and so he ghosted them as part of his reaction to the divorce.

Anyway, he is now partnered with a woman who has five grandchildren - their parents gave them up and she sort of adopted them. But since she works full time, bingo ! Poor old ex is now the full-time, unpaid nanny for these five little kids , lol. He is 62 and has emphysema so I bet it's hard to keep up with them. He didn't want his own kids, but he is now knee-deep in someone else's.

Karma's a bitch, as they say.

ravenmum Wed 16-Oct-19 14:57:41

There is no karma. My exh's OW ended up cheating on him, but that just made him all irritable. The kids had more fun with him when he was in a better mood. He's now got the house that I wanted and he wasn't bothered about.

It takes a while to get over the initial hatred, but it does go away; with a little luck and deliberate effort, at some point you honestly won't care what your ex is up to any more. That's a good feeling.

caringcarer Wed 16-Oct-19 15:03:53

MY dh cheated on me after we had been married for 20 years and had 3 children together with youngest aged 8. I still do not know how long it had been going on before I found out. I kicked him out and had locks changed, bagged up all of his stuff and left at bottom of garden. He tried to block me getting a divorce. He kept using youngest child to get him to beg me to take Daddy back. I was so angry he was doing this but he would not stop. When I saw solicitor it turned out I was able to claim half of our business even though it was in his name and I had not worked within the business, 1/2 his pension which he fought me about. He was badly behaved by refusing to attend court several times and annoyed the judge because of wasted time and costs. He offered me 1/2 of value of house and 10% of business. Karma was I was awarded 65% of house and 1/2 of pension and business. The business was the greatest asset. When he could no longer afford to take her out and about and treat her to new treats his new girlfriend dumped him and I found a lovely man who I have now been married to for 14 years who helped me bring up my children and he is wealthy too. My ex husband tells our children whenever he sees them, which is not often as they all avoid him quite a lot now they are adults, that he hates me and I must have planned it all along. He is currently single and getting older and angrier all the time. He will not be able to afford to retire until he is about 70.

Honeybee85 Wed 16-Oct-19 15:03:58

My ex H was mentally and fysically abusive to me for years. Six months after I left him, his company went bankrupt and he hasnt worked since (I left him 4 years ago). He is living with his parents at the age of 40+, has no relationship , lost all of his friends and most of his hair as well.

After I left him I bought my own place, started dating, found back my long lost confidence, met my now husband, moved to a great country to live with him (and sold my place for good money!).
We had a beautiful healthy baby boy this summer.

Karma is a bitch sometimes wink

Lola0426 Wed 16-Oct-19 15:09:41

Thank you for sharing your stories with me. I feel awful for wishing bad things to happen to him, but as rightly mentioned, it's probably just the initial emotional reaction of being bullied. I hope it'll go away with time.

Lola0426 Wed 16-Oct-19 15:13:15

I am happy to hear many of you ladies have bounced back after being abused by your ex's. Sometimes good things do come to good people. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »