Talk

Advanced search

Help - what is husband ordering

(77 Posts)
helpconfused123 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:16:01

Clenbuterol and androgel from Russia. Have NC’d.

Please arm me with anything helpful before I confront him tonight.

I was emptying his rucksack so we could take it to a swimming lesson and discovered a parcel containing these and a Russian invoice for approx 100 euros.

He is into cycling which I suspect is relevant?

Hopefully nothing? Or am I being naive? Feel miserable. TIA.

Hoooo Sun 22-Sep-19 15:17:49

Its a bronchodilator and testosterone

He's a twat.

helpconfused123 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:19:17

How much of a twat sad

MidnightMystery Sun 22-Sep-19 15:19:48

Clenbuterol is used for asthma and the other one is a steroid used to increase testosterone.

Doesn't seem sinister I'd just ask him...

helpconfused123 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:20:46

He doesn’t have asthma

Hoooo Sun 22-Sep-19 15:20:59

Too much of either is very dangerous.

The testosterone is usually for men wirh hypogonadism - too little testosterone.

My mum uses a bronchodilator- but she has copd!

MidnightMystery Sun 22-Sep-19 15:23:16

From further googling finding the two together seem he may be using them to "get hard"

Sorry.
All you can do is ask! X

helpconfused123 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:25:05

I just don’t think that ED is the issue - could it be linked to cycling performance? I.e. doping.

I will ask him later but don’t want to be fobbed off.

Is it legal?

Tilltheendoftheline Sun 22-Sep-19 15:25:34

Clenbuterol is something cyclists use to open up their airways.

During the drugs in cycling this was one of the ones looked at. Cyclists medical teams declaring the cyclist had asthma. Therefore they could use this as it was allowed for athletes with asthma.

In actual fact lots of them didnt have asthma, just used this for a competitive edge.

Testosterone is similarly used by people wanting to build muscle.

This sounds like it to do with increasing his performance at cycling.

OrangeSwoosh Sun 22-Sep-19 15:27:49

Performance enhancement.

I'd suspect it's not legal if he's buying it from Russia rather than the meat head protein shop on the high street

Tilltheendoftheline Sun 22-Sep-19 15:30:18

It could be just cheaper.

helpconfused123 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:30:31

I have literally no idea how angry to be.

It feels like a breach of trust - spending that amount of money on something potentially dangerous

Hoooo Sun 22-Sep-19 15:32:56

Well...
Its not legal
Its expensive
Its potentially harmful

helpconfused123 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:35:00

I’m gutted - first breach of trust that I’m aware of. I don’t know how to approach this at all

Tilltheendoftheline Sun 22-Sep-19 15:35:03

Is money tight?

If not the money aspect wouldnt bother me. Especially if you have your own spends.

I would be more annoyed about wether it's legal. Especially if he competes at cycling.

And would investigate the side effects and discuss those with him

Not sure how much anger will achieve.

Tablefor4 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:35:07

Also, it’s drugs off the internet, so who knows what it actually is. Potentially massively harmful - could be rat poison.

Shakennotshook Sun 22-Sep-19 15:36:43

I'd just talk to him, it doesnt sound like it's worth losing your shit over unless you're married to a professional athlete and your lifestyle relies on his income confused

helpconfused123 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:37:04

Money isn’t tight but who knows if this is a regular order.

He does compete but not professionally. Idiot.

Flashesofrage Sun 22-Sep-19 15:38:26

He’s using them as part of a bodybuilding cycle. Google “blast and cruise” “clen”

Can you see any other purchases? It may be that he’s just an egotist trying to get ripped or he might just be thinking it’s an easy way to improve his appearance. Could be feeling low from low testosterone and thinks this will help.

helpconfused123 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:39:10

Thank you for calming me down. A bit....

He is out now and so thinking of taking toddler out for the rest of the day when she wakes up and sending a msg saying I need to talk to him after her bedtime and does he have anything to tell me.

Let him stew?

WhatsInAName19 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:40:23

I can never understand people taking performance enhancing drugs. What's the point? If you're an athlete, doesn't the pride in winning something or being good at it, come from actually achieving that?? I can't imagine there's any satisfaction in being good at something when you know you only won by cheating.

helpconfused123 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:41:14

@WhatsInAName19 totally totally agree

Hoooo Sun 22-Sep-19 15:43:54

It could be cut with anything...
Washing powder, bicarb or worse...

Croquembou Sun 22-Sep-19 15:50:15

* sending a msg saying I need to talk to him after her bedtime and does he have anything to tell me.

Let him stew?*

Or just speak to him about it without any intervening passive-aggressive bollocks?

Shakennotshook Sun 22-Sep-19 15:52:37

Just speak to him! No need for stewing. Sounds like hes being a bit stupid but have an actual conversation about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »