Advanced search

He's locked us in

(306 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Bubsworth Fri 20-Sep-19 08:51:34

Need to leave physically aggressive husband. He has been physical before occasionally but the last two nights he has left marks on me. We have a small baby. Husband currently asleep upstairs but appears to have hidden the. Keys so I'm locked in the house. Too scared to casually ask him where keys are. No one knows the real him his best friend thinks I'm crazy and irrational because of what husband tells him. So scared he will try to take the baby and use my extreme post natal anxiety I had against me. What do I do right now?

PurpleWithRed Fri 20-Sep-19 08:53:14

Call the police? That or do you ever have time when he’s not with you?

Isadora2007 Fri 20-Sep-19 08:54:09

Call the police.

Bubsworth Fri 20-Sep-19 08:54:40

Only really when he's at work in the evenings

Thegrasscouldbegreeener Fri 20-Sep-19 08:54:59

Call the police now.

Thesuzle Fri 20-Sep-19 08:55:36

Oh god.. will he go out later ? Could you make your escape then.... Can you call the police, women’s aid. Social services
Who do you have that will believe you and help you leave him ?

RoLaren Fri 20-Sep-19 08:56:07

Use the device you are currently typing on to call 999. Tell them you've been assaulted, have injuries and are locked in the house with a baby. They'll be with you shortly and you can get to safety and start putting your life back together. Or climb out a window. Whatever you do, get help now.

Teachermaths Fri 20-Sep-19 08:56:09

Call the police when it is safe to.

Either when he's at work. Or if he will sleep through the call.

Spend time getting your documents together today and anything you need for baby.

You can do this.

RushianDisney Fri 20-Sep-19 08:56:11

You need to get out, whether that is today or the next time he is at work. Do you have any family you could go to? Try calling women's aid when he is out, they will be able to help you.

Thegrasscouldbegreeener Fri 20-Sep-19 08:56:46

You have a young baby, call the police. Tell them everything you have told us, and they will take care of you.

Go to the bathroom and call the police. Lock the door. Take the baby with you if possible. Please do it now.

Ihopeyourcakeisshit Fri 20-Sep-19 08:57:07

Do you have somewhere to go?
Can you call someone?

PurpleDaisies Fri 20-Sep-19 08:57:32

Call the police.

You could also do it by text by following the instructions here...

emojisarentwords Fri 20-Sep-19 08:58:02

What time does he start work? Call the police now if you can safely do so. Or call the police once he leaves for work and take all your things with you.

ThePhoenixRises Fri 20-Sep-19 08:58:40

Call police tell them abusive partner had locked you in the house with him.

Pack a bag(s) and get ready to run as far away from him as you can.

SinkGirl Fri 20-Sep-19 08:58:54

Are they possibly in his pocket upstairs? Could you go in to gather laundry and check, or would that alert him? How long does he usually sleep?

Is he working tonight?

PurpleDaisies Fri 20-Sep-19 08:59:09

Do you have a friend you can text to pop around?

Casander Fri 20-Sep-19 08:59:09

You need to call the police OP, as pp have said can you lock yourself in the bathroom with the baby?
Hand hold thanks

LetThemEatDrama Fri 20-Sep-19 08:59:24

You can text the police if you're not safe to call, if you've never registered before then text the word 'register' to 999 then follow the instructions. I'd do it locked in the loo though in case he notices you texting.

Thegrasscouldbegreeener Fri 20-Sep-19 08:59:27

You can do this.

Bubsworth Fri 20-Sep-19 09:00:13

I'm lucky that my siblings live locally if I could get out I could take baby there. I have spare set of car keys just not house keys. I am worried about phoning police incase ss get involved and somehow my baby is taken away because husband a good liar n very intelligent n could use pna against me. Want to be able to just leave in secret

Thegrasscouldbegreeener Fri 20-Sep-19 09:00:58

We are all here with you. It will all be okay. Do this for your baby and for yourself. It is not safe to stay there anymore.

SoupDragon Fri 20-Sep-19 09:01:43

Use the device you are currently typing on to call 999.

That only works if she is typing on a smartphone.

MrsMozartMkII Fri 20-Sep-19 09:02:14

Call the police, or can you safely get you and baby out of the window?

Thegrasscouldbegreeener Fri 20-Sep-19 09:03:24

The police will NEVER take your baby away op. They will protect you. You must call them. Can one of your siblings come over right now?
The job of the police is to protect you and the baby not to separate you.

SS is the last thing to worry about, you must leave with the baby safely first, and then womens aid and ss will find you somewhere safe to live.

You may not be able to leave in secret if you can't get out of the house.

FairyBatman Fri 20-Sep-19 09:03:28

If you can do it safely where he can’t hear you then call the police whilst there are marks on you and you are locked in.

SS will support you if they can see that you are actively trying to keep your baby safe.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »