Talk

Advanced search

How much attention/enthusiasm would you give?

(6 Posts)
Littletonone19 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:04:18

If your partner was telling you about his work colleagues (who you have never met) on a night out (which he didn’t go on) when you know if the tables were turned he would have absolutely no interest.

Windmillwhirl Wed 11-Sep-19 21:07:30

Honestly, very little. Why are you questioning how you should act?

HB2019 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:08:01

I like DH gossiping, so I'd feign it for these stories but then when he talks about people we know he'll give me the goss from the male side and I'll likely get it from the other, then I can mentally compare notes grin

Littletonone19 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:26:03

@Windmillwhirl because I’m wondering if i’m being a bitch by not really giving a shit & whether I should be treat it as I would like to be treated in that situation.

@HB2019 hmm he never has goss about people we know 🙈

Windmillwhirl Wed 11-Sep-19 21:29:28

I don't think it makes you a bitch. I wouldn't ignore anyone speaking to me, but I wouldn't feign interest beyond politeness.

Secondsight Wed 11-Sep-19 22:59:08

Just feign interest you never know you might need it sometime! If you say anything you'll never get the goss you need. My DH never gave me any gossip and I discovered one of his colleagues wives had left him who I knew but I didn't find out for two years!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »