Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Thought it was about time for a nice DH thread

(46 Posts)
FlameBatfink Wed 08-Aug-07 18:11:37

Nice to balance up the ones with us ranting.

Having seen friends with useless husbands - mine doesn't tend to see the mess, but I have just walked into him (playing with DC for a change rather than the computer ) and asked him to run to tesco (end of the road) as dinner is nearly cooked and we have no rice.

No groaning or whinging, just put his shoes on and asked which rice.

I know it is only a little thing, but I whinge about him so much, it is nice to have something good to say

(Oh, and him ok-ing me not going on holiday )

paulaplumpbottom Wed 08-Aug-07 18:13:27

My husband is lovely, he helps with the housework, Plays with dd alot, tells me I'm pretty even when I'm not. I could gush about my hubby all day

motherinferior Wed 08-Aug-07 18:14:03

I don't have a husband.

totaleclipse Wed 08-Aug-07 18:15:08

you can have mine

nell12 Wed 08-Aug-07 18:15:09

At the moment, my DH is lovely as he is bathing the kids. My opinion could change very quickly, though!

FlameBatfink Wed 08-Aug-07 18:16:08

Is there a fatherinferior not married to, or just no man in the inferiority complex? (Isn't it weird how you can post alongside someone for years and have no idea about basic bits of their life???)

motherinferior Wed 08-Aug-07 18:19:00

Oh yes, there is a Mr Inferior, and a fairly specimen he is too, and we co-parent and stuff. But we AREN'T MARRIED

motherinferior Wed 08-Aug-07 18:19:15

fairly fine specimen, that should read.

FlameBatfink Wed 08-Aug-07 18:20:20

FlameBatfink Wed 08-Aug-07 18:20:45

Poor guy - "Mr Inferior" - he'll get self esteem issues!

anorak Wed 08-Aug-07 18:21:16

My DH is patient, kind, and totally committed to his family. He's easy-going and fun, hardworking, generous, sexy and cuddly. He's my best friend and my soulmate, my everything.

FrannyandZooey Wed 08-Aug-07 18:21:27

I am quite pleased with mine. He is very easy going. Usually.

He has just announced that he wants to start doing triathlons. I am finding this kind of sexy.

MyTwopenceworth Wed 08-Aug-07 18:22:44

My husband is FANTASTIC. Brilliant, amazing, incredible.

9 years of dealing with me, day in, day out and he has, thus far, resisted bashing me on the head and submerging me in quicklime.

He needs an obe, or mbe, or mfi, or b&q

or maybe the victoria cross!!!!!!!

Lilliput Wed 08-Aug-07 18:23:13

Mine bought me flowers on Monday for what appears to be no reason at all, although it could have been because I have had a horrible cough that turns out to be bronchitis, although he claims it was because of that.

Lilliput Wed 08-Aug-07 18:23:54

Sorry, WASN'T because of the bronchitis.

Nemo2007 Wed 08-Aug-07 18:24:06

my husband has been a star past cople of weeks, he is currently rebuilding our kitchen which he has never done before but is doing such a top notch job I am in awe. He has also begun to step up to his role as a dad by helping more with the dc etc.

MrsBadger Wed 08-Aug-07 18:25:50

ooh, triathlons, get him!
(my sister dated a triathlete once. Fabulous physique.)

My DH is nice
he is also a hopeless romantic, which is even nicer - I am a pragmatist so things like (eg) tiny vases of flowers mysteriously appearing on my dressing table make me swoon because I would never have thought of them.

Shoshable Wed 08-Aug-07 18:31:32

After 2 marriages and 38 years I met DH number 3, and he is brilliant we got married after 3 years and are still married 7 years later, brilliant brilliant man, wish I had met him at 18 (but then he would have only been 8 then!, so maybe not )

FrannyandZooey Wed 08-Aug-07 18:35:06

LOL my dp does not have a fabulous physique at present! But he is a good dp

sfxmum Wed 08-Aug-07 18:38:47

well mine is a genuinely nice, responsible easy going person who takes parenting seriously.
he is also very funny (makes me laugh)

although i am aware he has 'qualities' that some people find hard to deal with but it suits me

and it's been 11yrs

Pruners Wed 08-Aug-07 18:47:20

Message withdrawn

LilRedWG Wed 08-Aug-07 18:49:17

My husband is a star and looks after DD & I so well. I'd be totally lost without him; he is selfless, kind and gentle.

FrannyandZooey Wed 08-Aug-07 18:50:54

Yes I would like a romantic, too. But I guess then he would be more likely to be a bit neurotic and intense etc, and god knows there is only room for one of those in every house

FrannyandZooey Wed 08-Aug-07 18:51:59

Good god, Pruni. I never replied to your email . So sorry. Been crap this week (I mean: rubbish about getting things done, not that it's been a bad week)

sleepfinder Wed 08-Aug-07 18:54:36

I don't want to dish out any more schmaltz than I or anyone else can stomach, as I think I may puke at myself, but I COMPLETELY adore my husband. Our relationship since we married and life since we had children has just gone from strength to strength. Before we met I think we each spent quite a few lonely years on our own. Maybe that's what makes us value what we have. I don't know..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now