Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

has your mother

(6 Posts)
bumbly Tue 07-Aug-07 19:26:22

gone weird on you since the birth of your LO?

mine has kinda gone hay wire

we were like sisters since me being a child and i speak to her every day

but since birth of little one she has critisized me no end and said I am crap, will have problems, etc and etc

and also not helping me at all and also seems to me as if doesn't want me to spend time with my newborn

very sad and upsetting and odd

pipsqueeke Tue 07-Aug-07 19:39:41

have answered you other thread sorry I can't be of more help - are you getting on better with your DH now? does your mum visit everytday? how old is LO?

might be worth suggesting to her she helps you in otehr ways - tell her you need to be with your baby you need to learn for yourself. but if she could do the ironing/ake tea or soemthing it will really help. rememebr this is your child and you know what's best.

WanderingTrolley Tue 07-Aug-07 19:41:07

Is she jealous of the baby?

nickytwotimes Tue 07-Aug-07 19:44:31

Oh, Bumbly, I really feel for you! My mum has always been interfering and it got worse when ds was born last year. We eventually had to have words, which was tough, but not as tough as putting up with her behavior! My only advice is to remember that people are only critical of your parenting methods because they are insecure about their own. We all want to think we did it right! Tell your mum she's already done a great job bringing you up, now she needs to let you find what's best for you and your child. Good luck

nickytwotimes Tue 07-Aug-07 19:45:59

I should have said, I had the other extreme to you, but that is obvious! Sorry, my head is a bit messy tonight.

bumbly Wed 08-Aug-07 17:32:38

yup my mother is here for a few dyas as they live abroad...

but still odd with me...keeps telling me off - for not dressing him right, not holding him right, not feeding him right, not putting him to sleep right...list goes on and on

and been told off that my house is a mess

now...we just moved house and actually it is amazing that i completely sorted it out during my 9th month of pregnancy (moved in few weeks ago) then LO was born and then with 3 2nd degree tears been still sorting it out...but obviously still some few things to do...

very odd that been told off so much...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now