Talk

Advanced search

What does he want from me? Playing games?

(12 Posts)
rachyrachy Wed 14-Aug-19 16:01:39

I posted the other day about this guy.
Not long out of a serous relationship.
Doesn't talk about where things might go.
Talking about he's friend on the pull yet wouldn't reassure me he wasn't.
Got lots of helpful answers saying he was probably just after casual or fwb situation
Last night he text me and asked me to go on a date with him,out for a meal and drinks.
So obviously I'm confused again.
If you remember me from the other day
Any advice would be great

TowelNumber42 Wed 14-Aug-19 16:04:30

I am confused. You were expecting him to be discussing your future when you hadn't even been on one date yet?

rachyrachy Wed 14-Aug-19 16:14:33

No sorry I should have explained Better.
It's been since may time.
Been on dates etc but only a few weeks before he got out of serious relationship

Thingsdogetbetter Wed 14-Aug-19 16:14:48

A date is just that: a date. It is NOT an indication that he has changed his mind and now wants to get serious! He's been very clear that he wants to keep it casual. And this would be a casual date during a casual fwb scenario. Not a move towards something serious. Fwb go on 'dates'. They meet up, have dinner and drinks, sex, laughs and remain FWB. JUST FWB.

TowelNumber42 Wed 14-Aug-19 16:44:40

Sounds like he has been very clear he just wants some casual fun. Dinner, drinks, DTD, fits that.

toffeeapple123 Wed 14-Aug-19 17:49:18

Been there, done that. He’s being very clear. I’d cut your losses now before you become too invested and get hurts

locketsprocket Wed 14-Aug-19 17:55:10

No he isn't playing games at all your just trying to make it more than what it is.

He's quite clear he likes seeing/shagging/spending time with you but he also likes to go out on the prowl

If you aren't happy with casual then you need to end this as he is being very honestly with you you just have to listen

AnathemaPulsifer Wed 14-Aug-19 18:12:38

This was the guy who told you he was going out on the prowl and you tried to act like you were cool with it? I don’t think it’s a romantic, this-has-a-future date. It might be, but if it’s important to you that it is you had better ask him.

RushianDisney Wed 14-Aug-19 18:18:02

An invite to a date doesn't change his intentions, I went on more dates with my FWB than I did in any 'proper' relationship I've been in. You clearly want something more than a casual thing, so you have to be honest with yourself and him. No point dragging it out and getting more hurt because you aren't really compatible.

PatriciaHolm Wed 14-Aug-19 18:28:30

Well yes he's after a casual relationship. He likes seeing you and sleeping with you, but nothing serious. This isn't going to change anyone's advice.

SophieSong Wed 14-Aug-19 19:47:41

Why are you confused? You have an FWB agreement with this man, right? That can often involve 'date nights' - going out, having dinner, etc.

fandabbyfannyflutters Wed 14-Aug-19 20:43:00

What do you WANT op?
Life is short and you deserve to be happy. If you want more it's time to lay your cards on the table. If he doesn't fine- you are then free to move on and find someone who want to commit

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »