Talk

Advanced search

Sprained ankle husband hoping I’m going to magically get better and go to a festival tomorrow

(15 Posts)
youmaynowchangeyourname Wed 14-Aug-19 10:49:41

It’s not broken thankfully but the advice is to stay off it for a few days and apply lots of ice.

I can tell my husband is really hoping I will go to this festival but in all honesty I can barely move and I don’t see how I can manage to move around a festival site, keep it elevated and iced etc etc.

I probably can manage but I don’t think it will be fun just enormous effort and I am worried I’ll make the problem worse.

I don’t want to let him down but I feel the sensible decision would be to stay at home?

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Wed 14-Aug-19 10:52:21

Can he bring a friend with him instead and leave you at home propped up on cushions with plenty of food and drink within reach and a box set lined up?

gearandloathing Wed 14-Aug-19 10:54:15

You're gonna have to walk for miles, unless you can get hold of some sort of mobility scooter or something. I wouldn't go.

Singlenotsingle Wed 14-Aug-19 10:55:18

It's going to rain anyway.

Chitarra Wed 14-Aug-19 10:57:05

I've sprained my ankle badly in the past. I think it is possible that you'll feel loads better tomorrow, OP! If not then of course YANBU to stay at home.

skankingpiglet Wed 14-Aug-19 14:55:03

Do you still want to go? If it was one I didn't want to miss and DH was still desperate to go, I'd be buying one of those heavy duty pull along gardening carts and getting DH to tow me around grin

skankingpiglet Wed 14-Aug-19 14:57:18

And some nice fairy lights to decorate my new carriage wink

MrMagooooo Wed 14-Aug-19 14:58:18

In all honesty unless I was in complete agony. I'd drink my way through it, get some crutches and go

But if your not feeling it I'd be slightly miffed and go by myself. My miffed side would pass quickly, more disappointed than miffed, but what can ya do.

I'll go with him.

PositiveVibez Wed 14-Aug-19 15:05:15

*get some crutches and go'

I don't think crutches and boggy muddy fields are. Good mix tbh.

I'd suggest he take a mate instead.

Aryaneedle Wed 14-Aug-19 15:10:28

Is it Green Man in Wales? If it is I'll go in your place! I'm desperate to get to that festival. Rain or no rain!

Hope you feel better soon and your H can find someone to take along.

Greenmum2019 Wed 14-Aug-19 15:15:38

No way!! Is it greenman? We are going and having been before there is no way I could manage it with a sprain. It's unlevel ground and walking mostly.

Feel so sorry for you x

Greenmum2019 Wed 14-Aug-19 15:16:44

P.s

Could your hubby go tomoz and set up and do all the hard work and then go up Friday after another 48 hours of icing???

dontgobaconmyheart Wed 14-Aug-19 15:39:41

Depends where it is and the terrain obviously OP but you could hire a wheelchair. I don't think it's ever worth mucking about with these things though and pain is no fun. I'd stay home and rest, try and avoid further complications. It would hardly be worth 6 months with a physio and chronic pain if you stumbled on it again or overworked it flowers

Can he not find a last minute replacement to take?

youmaynowchangeyourname Wed 14-Aug-19 18:18:11

A last minute replacement willing to help out with kids etc!

Still not sure what to do for the best. I’ve looked into options for joining later but they are not simple either.

Shoxfordian Wed 14-Aug-19 18:37:34

Obviously you can't go
Shame but it's going to rain anyway

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »