Talk

Advanced search

Recently spilt up

(4 Posts)
Mumofboys04 Wed 14-Aug-19 09:45:32

Me and my husband have recently decided to split up (3 weeks ago) or more like he decided hes never loved me and was just content! we still went on our family holiday for my step sons and our sons to enjoy and bar 3 arguments in the 2 weeks we was away we did have a laugh and a good time!

The day after we got home he took a load of clothes and I’ve packed the rest while he’s been gone!

He will be back tomorrow to discuss everything and I feel I need a list of what we need to know.

Ie: what’s happening with the house?
When he would like the children?

What makes it more complicated is I moved away from my family to his home town to be near his other children, I do have his family here but I feel awkward seeing them and don’t have many friends here so will be considering moving back home. I just feel bad for my children then not seeing their brothers and it took my son almost the whole year to come out of his shell at school 😩

Any ideas on other important information il need to try find out tomorrow. Everything is in his name as I was employed through his business until I decided it was time to return to work instead of staying home which I start at the end of the month.

I’m over the marriage breakdown as he’s changed as a person recently (hopefully for the better) but it wasn’t the person I fell in love with and is like a stranger now.
He’s already moved on which is how this all started and I’ve accepted that and been good about it. I know he will support me as he always has his ex but I’m stressing still over everything.

Sorry for the long post 🤦🏼‍♀️

crappyday2018 Wed 14-Aug-19 11:55:25

I would go and see a solicitor OP. Even though everything is in his name, you are married so entitled to shares of his home and business.

Has he said you can stay in the house or is he moving out as a temporary measure?

Mumofboys04 Wed 14-Aug-19 12:36:38

He’s always said I can have the house, spoke the other day and he isn’t staying in this area but will be around somewhere in the county as if that helps 🤦🏼‍♀️ When we spoke he kept saying he will support us all, he’s also getting me a car as the one I have is a lease one and is due back Monday.

I do actually have shares in the business which I’ve been told il receive a letter to sign them back over to him and the other business partners.
I signed not really understanding when I got them so will be looking for legal advice before I sign them back so I actually understand everything. I know he can pay me for them if he’s wanting them back but if I’m honest I don’t want that. I just want it all as simple as possible and little tension.

Parent999 Wed 14-Aug-19 12:52:02

You sound like you know exactly what youre doing and have it all sorted.

Any chance you could give us some advice please?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »