Talk

Advanced search

Wedding day nerves

(7 Posts)
redleaves75 Fri 12-Jul-19 12:41:55

In just under 11 weeks, I am getting married.
Its my first marriage and he is a wonderful, caring and intelligent man. He's pretty special.

Things have been tracking really well in our relationship, I have been happier and healthier than in my whole adult life.

The wedding planning has been coasting along nicely.

Last weekend we handed out all the invitations...and now the nerves have kicked in. I don't have cold feet or any misgivings about marrying him - I definitely want to, but I think it just might be nerves and anxiety as the day gets closer.

Any thoughts and words of wisdom would be much appreciated,
thank you

FuriousVexation Fri 12-Jul-19 13:16:48

I was fucking terrified on my wedding day. All those people looking at you. You've got 11 weeks to persuade your GP you need a sedative.

It will also go better if you tell your closest friends and family that you're fucking terrified and therefore don't expect any hen night or similar bullshit.

I would never ever have a wedding again.

hellsbellsmelons Fri 12-Jul-19 13:24:48

It's your day.
Planned how you want it.
There is nothing to stress about.
You need to remember to enjoy it.
The day will pass by so fast and in a haze.
Get people to take lots of pics throughout the day and night.
Have fun. Don't worry about talking to everyone.
Then you can live a long and happy life with the man of your dreams.

Piggle23 Fri 12-Jul-19 15:15:52

Ugh this is what puts me off, I'd be scared of standing in front of everyone. Maybe use some relaxation techniques for anxiety such as guided relaxation at night, cbt techniques such as diverting your thoughts from becoming a 'catastrophe train'. Try all of it. Try to re-label it in your head as 'excitement'. that works for me sometimes.

Aussiebean Fri 12-Jul-19 16:10:33

Work out what out of the day is stressing you out and adapt it so it doesn’t.

My friend hated the idea of the first dance, so her hubby created a video that everyone watched while they danced.

Personally, I didnt like the idea of a first dance, so we didn’t have one.

Alysanne Sat 13-Jul-19 05:55:27

This is why if we get married I want it to be just us and his parents. Too much stress all about one day. The dress, guests, food, venue, blah, blah, blah.

Remember it is just one day and you have your whole life to be with your partner. You've said it yourself you want this. The actual ceremony is just one day which is nothing in the long term. Talk to someone close to you about your worries regarding the actual day. They may be able to help. smile

FuriousVexation Sat 13-Jul-19 09:38:44

First dance? Do most people have a band at their wedding now? confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »