Talk

Advanced search

Wants to chat alllll the time

(7 Posts)
Ribrabrob Fri 12-Jul-19 11:44:51

I'm in the early stages of seeing somebody new. It's going really well, I like him etc. I'm a bit of an introvert and he's more extroverted than me and he loves to communicate all the time - on the phone, texting etc. it's lovely sometimes but others I completely run out of things to talk about and it's just the same things over and over grin

I definitely don't think it's a control/possessive thing (he's very laid back and chilled in general) but he just looooves to talk on the phone. I'm online on WhatsApp quite a lot so he can see when I'm around and I'm running out of excuses as to why I can't speak!

Any tips? I don't want to upset him as I like talking to him but I prefer texting. I've seen people in the past who barely communicate when not together, so this is a welcome change - I just don't have much to talk about!

FuriousVexation Fri 12-Jul-19 11:50:27

"Why don't we talk about this on our next date"
Then just stop responding.

Cloudyyy Fri 12-Jul-19 11:53:02

That sounds draining. Just take your time to reply between texts?

Pinktinker Fri 12-Jul-19 11:57:36

Don’t reply straight away in future and just explain when you next see him that you’re fairly busy and can’t always respond 24/7.

AbbieDabbieDoo Fri 12-Jul-19 13:15:43

Are you at work some of the time that he's contacting you? I had this issue with a friend who constantly sends WhatsApp messages and gets narky if I don't reply within the timeframe she deems acceptable - I told her that I use the WhatsApp web app on my work laptop so it sometimes looks like I'm online when I'm not. It worked for me - might be worth a try?

Indigo2019 Fri 12-Jul-19 13:28:49

Tell him in advance and don’t feel awkward. Can’t you just say, I’m busy today so won’t be around to chat sorry or I’m off now, I’m going to watch... for a few hours.

I would hate that too.

Piggle23 Fri 12-Jul-19 14:53:15

Maybe just take your online status off and say what another poster said ' just going to be busy at work for a few hours, talk later'.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »