Talk

Advanced search

Effort

(29 Posts)
onemoresmartie Mon 08-Jul-19 19:05:03

Hi everyone
Met a guy online back in February, he has quite a busy job so I have quickly realised he's not a big texter so I don't hear from him very much through the day..
I do quite like a morning message but can't have it all I suppose 🤨
Anyway we have been on 5/6 dates since feb....back and forth contact but not consistent on his part.
He came over to mine 2 weeks ago on a Friday we went out for dinner I paid my half and we slept together for the first time
Since then he hasn't asked to see me again or arrange another date and I do get the feeling I'm bothering him when I'm messaging him

I have asked him out right so I know where I stand and he says he does want to continue seeing me but I just feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall....

Advice please

onemoresmartie Fri 12-Jul-19 14:29:37

Nice
😂

Doesitevenmatternow Fri 12-Jul-19 23:29:13

I wouldn't just not initiate contact now I would not respond unless he makes a serious effort to get in touch.

Honestly it's too little, too lax etc

You are telling him you are worth no effort and you are telling yourself that too which is worse.

I remember having an experience like this with a guy a few years ago. Dates weeks apart and very little contact in between. Bizarrely when I refused to see him again he got all indignant, tried to argue me round then contacted me loads for the next month. I was not for turning though, I had found his apathy really unattractive.

Rubbinghimsweetly2 Fri 12-Jul-19 23:49:55

Thanks everyone
I'll take a step back and stop being the one to initiate contact.

Well that went well.......

happybunny007 Fri 12-Jul-19 23:55:54

But you’re not dating. 7 dates since February isn’t dating, it’s FWB.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »