Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

counsellor advice please

(6 Posts)
ChristyC Fri 27-Jul-07 17:40:29

My OH has started to see a counsellor regarding his aggressive behaviour when drunk. This counsellor is also a marriage guidance counsellor and has told my OH that he will see us together re; our marriage. Is this normal, counselling for an individual and then for a couple?

CountessDracula Fri 27-Jul-07 17:43:11

No I don't think so

CountessDracula Fri 27-Jul-07 17:43:30

sophable may be able to help you on this one

NotQuiteCockney Fri 27-Jul-07 21:02:08

It sounds odd to me too, but I don't really know. I would ask the BACP or someone, maybe? If you don't get help here ...

EscapeFrom Fri 27-Jul-07 21:08:27

I had this with my councellor.

divastrop Fri 27-Jul-07 21:12:24

my councellor offered to see both me and my dp together at one point,but i think she just wanted to explain the role of pregnancy hormones in my insanity to him.

when my xh went for councelling(he was ordered to by the court)for his violent temper,he was seen on his own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now