Talk

Advanced search

Dating with a Mum body!

(11 Posts)
lexi873 Wed 12-Jun-19 22:04:57

Hi,
I’m a single mum of 3 and split up with my partner last October.
I’d really like to start dating again but after the children let’s just say I wasn’t blessed to get my body back.
My boobs are non existent I’ve got stretch marks all over and my stomach skin is like an empty carrier bag!
I was never really bothered about how I looked with my ex cause he was their father so I just kind of accepted this body had given him his children and he wouldn’t care!
But now I’m ready to meet someone new and I’m worried they’ll be shocked/ put off by my body.
Does anybody else feel like this or did you just date with confidence, I don’t want to be single forever!?
Thanks

CodenameVillanelle Wed 12-Jun-19 22:07:28

I've dated a lot with my mumbod and to be honest, most men in their 40s and up have kids too so aren't surprised by what a post baby body looks like! I've never dated a man who was put off by saggy tum or stretch marks!

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 12-Jun-19 22:15:09

If you find someone with a DadBod like I did you will be fine! smile

RosamundButterfly Wed 12-Jun-19 22:15:39

I remained single and celibate for years because I was embarrassed of my body.

Recently found someone and decided to go for it. He's older, and kind, and I was ready to take the risk. It's great - he doesn't care at all. He wants me to be happy. Soft, squidgy, scarred - he likes it all.

At first I would wear some kind of slip or coverup in bed to hide the belly.

Definitely go for it and be confident, you deserve to be happy, and happy and confident equals sexy..

lexi873 Wed 12-Jun-19 22:19:54

Thank you. I think trying to find out if they’re a shallow person or not is what I need to do too before I decide to take the risk, don’t want to have a bad experience to knock my confidence further.

Billybumbler Wed 12-Jun-19 22:38:57

My partner has three kids so is well aware what a post-child body looks like. He appreciates that I'm a mum and isn't bothered by my squidgy bits (actually he loves my softness even if I don't).

Bottom line - he's not shallow! There are lovely, understanding, grown up men out there.

OldAndWornOut Wed 12-Jun-19 22:41:39

Someone I dated found it very erotic and felt privileged that a woman would share her body with him; a sign of trust, if you like.

Pippioddstocking Wed 12-Jun-19 22:45:57

I remember feeling nervous about this too. When it came to it I actually didn't care as much as I thought . Remember he will also be nervous about showing you his body . Nobody gets past 35 looking like they did when they were 18, men or women .

Aryaneedle Wed 12-Jun-19 22:47:55

I was the same as you. 3dcs and all the wobbly bits associated. Split up in 2014. I've had a range of younger to older men, some with dcs some without, not one has said anything negative about my body. I seem to have attracted more men post dcs and in my late 30's than ever before. Probably because I'm funny, political, like a good in depth conversation and I've had a colourful past. I found it hard to understand why but they've definitely not given a crap about my saggy belly. Focus on connection OP and you'll be grand smile

RosamundButterfly Wed 12-Jun-19 22:48:59

Sorry, by "I would wear" I meant "I personally used to wear"

You definitely don't need to!

1forAll74 Thu 13-Jun-19 03:08:49

Yes, just go forth with confidence, you are in charge of yourself,and who you choose to date. maybe don't get those new fangled slug eyebrows.. but sorry if you like them ha ha.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »