Talk

Advanced search

Husband said I’m too fat and unattractive

(131 Posts)
Lizz1986 Tue 11-Jun-19 18:28:12

My husband told me that I was getting bigger and was less attractive. A week later he told me that he would never touch me again if I gained a lot of weight after having a baby. He hasn’t initiated sex in years and wouldn’t look sideways at me if I was changing my clothes. We’ve been married for 7 years and don’t have children. At this point I’m devastated. We’ve been separated for 6 months and he wants me back. Part of me misses him and wants to go back but I also don’t want a physical relationship with him after those hurtful words. Any advice? I can’t keep going on like this.

Also should mention that I’m 5’7” and size 6. He’s now trying to convince me that he doesn’t care about weight but I’m hesitant to believe him. Please help...

ScreamingValenta Tue 11-Jun-19 18:31:16

I was thinking your husband was a dick all through your first paragraph. When I came to read your height and size, I changed my mind - he's not just a dick, he's a gas lighting psycho. Don't go back to him.

Wildorchidz Tue 11-Jun-19 18:31:31

You’re 5 7 and a size 6 and he calls you fat? Really ?
Stay separated.

lasttimeround Tue 11-Jun-19 18:32:40

That's totally weird. You're tiny.

PrincessGinderella Tue 11-Jun-19 18:33:09

Do not even think about going back to this twisted man!! It will only end in absolute disaster for you and whatever chance you had at the life you actually deserve!

Quartz2208 Tue 11-Jun-19 18:33:57

He is trying to push you into an eating disorder - you must weigh what 8 stone

Run and find someone else

SamBaileys Tue 11-Jun-19 18:34:48

5ft 7 and size 6??? He's a knob, sorry but he is. You deserve better.

Thingsdogetbetter Tue 11-Jun-19 18:35:52

No easy way to say this: he's a grade A cunt!! Sorry should have capitalized that: CUNT!

He has found a weak point and used it against you. People who who love you see your week point and support you.

He hasn't changed. He's just changed tactics. You are worth more than this. Short term pain, long term gain! !

AFistfulofDolores1 Tue 11-Jun-19 18:36:08

He is an asshole.

An XXXL one.

Fedoratheexploreer Tue 11-Jun-19 18:36:12

Don’t go back! You’re a size 6, that is far from fat. He’s delusional

SamBaileys Tue 11-Jun-19 18:36:40

But actually it wouldn't matter if you were more than a size 6, the comments would show total lack or respect for you whatever your weight.

Jinglejanglefish Tue 11-Jun-19 18:36:49

How can you be fat at a size 6? Does he have some kind of skinny fetish?

imaginativeusername Tue 11-Jun-19 18:37:07

You must, just must, as in absolutely MUST bin him off. Walk. Leave. Go. Someone like this is beyond fixing. This isn't normal. It's not something that can be or should be brushed off. It's narcissistic abuse. No matter how scary it feels to leave it is nowhere near as scary as looking back at life not knowing who you are because you wasted it all with a parasite like that. Whatever it takes, walk x

Bezalelle Tue 11-Jun-19 18:37:32

Why would you want to be with this utter dickhead?

Frownette Tue 11-Jun-19 18:38:03

16 or 6?

Witchofzog Tue 11-Jun-19 18:38:16

He is a cunt. A jealous fucking cunt because you are obviously much more attractive than him. How dare he. Please do not go back to him. Find someone who will cherish you instead

Apolloanddaphne Tue 11-Jun-19 18:39:02

What a bastard. I would stay separated if i was you!

NeatFreakMama Tue 11-Jun-19 18:39:21

I wouldn't go back into a relationship that had no sex. Would it be enough?

Xenadog Tue 11-Jun-19 18:39:28

Whatever your size, the best way to lose weight is to kick this loser into touch. You’re separated now. Make it permanent. You honestly do not need this idiot in your life.

SallyWD Tue 11-Jun-19 18:40:29

5 ft 7 and a 6?! Did you mean 16? Either way he shouldn't speak to you that way. If you're a size 6 then he's mad.

Lwmommy Tue 11-Jun-19 18:40:33

At your height and size 6 it's completely unrealistic for you to be any smaller without engaging in dangerous weight loss.

I don't know if you are toned to go with a slim frame but even if not, your husband sounds like a total twat.

You should not tolerate being made to feel bad, you should definitely not lose weight for that man!

EmperorBallpitine Tue 11-Jun-19 18:40:52

Seriously even if you were 5ft2 and size 20 his comments would be not very nice. But considering the reality of the situation this seems like negging to keep you in a state of perpetual low self esteem and justify him witholding affection. Please do not go back to this guy.

Tableclothing Tue 11-Jun-19 18:41:02

If this is what he's like when he wants you back, I can't fathom how horrible he must be when he's in a bad mood. He's not good enough for you.

Banhaha Tue 11-Jun-19 18:42:25

Is that that a typo? Did you mean 16? Or are you size 6? It doesn't matter either way he's rude but if you are a size 6 then he's ridiculous.

PickAChew Tue 11-Jun-19 18:42:26

Stay separated. He's an abusive arsehole, so not wanting to be intimate with him is perfectly normal and instinctual.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »