Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

OH MY! BLARDY HELL.. Just have to share.. and oooo run it passed you guys.. need advice...

(23 Posts)
ohmygodicantbelieveit Fri 20-Jul-07 21:47:02

bloke at work who I quite fancy has just asked me out. what do I do?!?!?!?

Hope you can tell who I am from posting style.. had to name change..

I'm all a mix of emotions... don't know what to do.

Ceolas Fri 20-Jul-07 21:47:44

say yes

mummytosteven Fri 20-Jul-07 21:48:16

are you both unattached?

do you work so closely together that a break up would make life uncomfortable?

If no, then go for it, otherwise think carefully

SimplySparkling Fri 20-Jul-07 21:51:01

mts has it in a nutshell and no, I've no idea who you are.

Ceolas Fri 20-Jul-07 21:51:59

obviously didn't think it through... mts is right

ChipButty Fri 20-Jul-07 21:52:09

Go for it! Have fun! x

ohmygodicantbelieveit Fri 20-Jul-07 21:52:19

I report to him.

I'm currently in the process of a relationship breakdown. if you know who I am then you'll all the trials that sort of P and I have been through..

I am often volumising.

SpacePuppy Fri 20-Jul-07 21:54:41

so why post under a new name if you want everybody to guess who you are?

ohmygodicantbelieveit Fri 20-Jul-07 21:55:27

because in limbo p knows my posting name.

PeckaRolloverAgain Fri 20-Jul-07 21:57:54

are you the second name of a designer label?

mummytosteven Fri 20-Jul-07 21:58:18

I'ld say NO. if your relationship is in chaos, then the last thing you need is to risk destabilising your work life.

AbRoller Fri 20-Jul-07 21:59:43

Currently in the process? If you're single then MTS has given good advice. If you're not, say no. If he's a nice guy and really interested in you then he'll wait until you're free and single

LucyJones Fri 20-Jul-07 21:59:50

no, if you're still in a relationship finish that one first before starting another

ohmygodicantbelieveit Fri 20-Jul-07 22:01:06

no.. he's implied he'll wait. he knows a little about what a shit p has been but not even the half of it.

Dumbledior Fri 20-Jul-07 22:01:52

NO, it's not me

purplepoppet Fri 20-Jul-07 22:07:26

No, sort out this relationship first...give yourself time to heal & get yourself together again and then see how you feel.

Sounds like you really like this guy, which is great...just be careful if you 'report to him' at work..you could be getting yourself into another whole heap of trouble, ifykwim

purplepoppet Fri 20-Jul-07 22:08:13

That hilarious, Dumbledior

ohmygodicantbelieveit Fri 20-Jul-07 22:12:55

I know PP. Have had a silly crush on him for ages. Ridiculous really.

Thing are nightmare with P.. not seen him for a bit. sick of his drinking.. if I let him he'll try for a few weeks then slip back to old habits but our lives are so entwined.. Life of misery for sake of easy life or... head into the unknown.

Been a single parent long enough fir that not to be the issue

macdoodle Fri 20-Jul-07 22:14:52

LOL DD didn't think it was your style though

Dumbledior Fri 20-Jul-07 22:14:53

If you are bnoth single and can keep it out of the office, it might work. Look at Amanda1!

ohmygodicantbelieveit Fri 20-Jul-07 22:22:14

oh have text back a wishy washy answer. Just don't know.

If I were absolutely single I'd be falling all over myself but p still trying and I just been delaying the inevitable.. wasn't expecting this..

singledadofthree Sun 22-Jul-07 21:37:07

noticed this the other night, but just thought its another bloke getting moaned about by a bored bird whos found the proverbial green eyed monster.
then thought - this is a parenting site. if you have kids, whether with your sort of p or not, i'd be thinking of them first, see the effects of drink on families often enough - would be sorting that first, one way or another.

singledadofthree Sat 28-Jul-07 18:10:01

ohmygod

have been told my message was a bit on the blunt side, and it does seem to have put you off, so i do apologise.

posted on a night when my eldest dd was suffering the wrath of someone the worse for drink. didnt help that shes the other side of the country and i'm unable to help. guess my patience was all used up and should have kept my thoughts to myself - doesnt matter how old your kids get, you still dont like people having a go at them.

anyway, hope youre sorting your situation, unless he sees why hes drinking, and what its doing to you, things arent going to change. we all have our demons, but you cant get rid of them if you dont know what they are.

and a life of misery? - no way - would rather round up trolleys in tesco and live in a caravan than that. life is way too short to waste it for the sake of ease. i know how it is to be a skint sp, but it can always get better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now