Talk

Advanced search

Argghh - ex is just such a nob

(8 Posts)
NameChangeNugget Thu 16-May-19 19:30:53

I agree with @Summerorjustmaybe

WhoKnewBeefStew Thu 16-May-19 19:12:08

My ex is like this. Always introduces his gf way too soon, so much so my 11yr old dd now laughs at being introduced to ‘yet another one of daddies gf’. However that said, he’s so shit that when a good one comes along I’m relieved, as my dds then come home happy after spending time doing fun stuff with daddies gf, and not just plonked in front of the tv.

HowDidItEndUpLikeThis Thu 16-May-19 19:02:28

I know, I’m fine about his girlfriend & would never show otherwise but “step Mum” mother’s day Card after a little more than 6 months of knowing my child hit me as an all time low.

Summerorjustmaybe Thu 16-May-19 18:47:45

Ime nowt will annoy him more than you being OK about his gf....

HoobleDooble Thu 16-May-19 18:46:21

I think it's a bit too much too soon, but at least it sounds like someone will be looking after your child when they're with their feckless father.

HowDidItEndUpLikeThis Thu 16-May-19 18:43:40

Thanks for the response Eve, I will rise above as I know that’s what my DC needs but it’s just shit like this that drops in to my DC’s conversation that keeps on rubbing salt in the wounds!

eve34 Thu 16-May-19 18:27:47

Sounds very insensitive for all involved.

Both my parents remarried and I never saw either of them as a step parent. Even though my mothers husband has lived with us/my mum for over 30 years.

I have a mum and a dad. They both have new wife/husband. And as lovely as they are neither are my parent.

Try to rise above it. Hard I know.

HowDidItEndUpLikeThis Thu 16-May-19 17:02:44

Name changed as I do on a regular basis to remain anonymous.

My stbxh and I split last year and things haven't been good.

We unfortunately share a 7 year old child so still have to deal with all the shit he chucks my way - through our DC as we don't speak.

My DC mentioned her 'step Mum' this afternoon & I mentioned that this lady (who I've never met but I'm sure is very nice) is not her step Mum but Daddy's girlfriend.

He's been with his girlfriend for 8 months and he moved into her house after 5 months together.

Apparently, on the recent Mother's Day, he bought her a card with 'Step Mum' on it from his two DC (one not mine).

This lady doesn't have any children of her own but now seems to be picking up all the slack that my stbxh can't be arsed with - i.e. picking our DC up from school, providing his kids with a home.

Am I right to be pissed off that he is presenting my DC with a whole new family set up so soon after meeting his girlfriend? Feels like he's got his feet well under the table with her and taking things far too fast?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »