Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else have an antisocial husband?

(11 Posts)
Questionnumber1 Thu 16-May-19 19:37:28

I divorced one of these! The huffing and puffing and being glued to his phone in social situations was unbearable. There were many other bad points too but these were the ones that other people could see and would comment on and I would feel so embarrassed and awkward. Ugh!

Go out with your daughters, how lovely that they invite you out.

Tensixtysix Thu 16-May-19 15:54:12

I could have written this! Yes, my husband is very quiet and likes to stay at home. He doesn't have any interests in the week.
All he cares about is taking his vintage bus to shows and expects us to drop everything most weekends to facilitate HIS hobby.
But, if I mention doing something that I enjoy, he'll huff and puff if it puts him out in any way.
For example, I'd love a week away touring Scotland in the car and wild camping.
But he doesn't want to go as he hates any camping (used to like it).
And, it would mean that he's have to cook and clean!
I do it all at the moment because I'm part time.

So, at almost the age that some retire, I still can't really do what I WANT! sad

ncdforthis Thu 16-May-19 15:52:13

My stbxh was a carbon copy of what you describe. You really should get out of it. It's an awful way to live, completely brings you down and makes you feel awkward or guilty for enjoying doing things. It will suck the life out of you eventually, please don't tolerate this any longer!

ChristmasFluff Thu 16-May-19 15:47:38

When you die, what will you regret? Dancing with your daughters, or sitting around with this thief of joy?

This might be your only life. Why would you want him in it at all?

NabooThatsWho Thu 16-May-19 15:30:51

Would you not be happier without him?
He is selfish and rude, and tries to make you feel like crap.
Life is too short to waste.

Aquamarine1029 Thu 16-May-19 15:28:33

1. Didn't you know he was like this before you married him?

2. Why are you allowing him to control your life? If you want to go out, go. He can stay home and sit on the couch if that's what he wants to do. It's awful that you are losing precious time with your children because of his insecurities.

BigSandyBalls2015 Thu 16-May-19 15:24:46

He sounds a right fun sponge, I couldn't bear that.

Strugglingtodomybest Thu 16-May-19 15:23:58

He sounds awful, go out with your daughters if you want to, don't let him control you. And if he makes any horrible comments just tell him to fuck off, or words to that effect.

dizzy174 Thu 16-May-19 15:21:30

i wish I had daughters to dance with, it sounds like fun!

HollowTalk Thu 16-May-19 15:12:39

You have one life. Do you really want to spend it with someone like this?

yodoladyoo Thu 16-May-19 15:08:16

Hi ladies

Do any of you have an antisocial husband? My hubby makes me feel so uncomfortable!!
My mum comes to stay (as she lives abroad) and he will just not speak, or he will be busy and tidy up around us, or just huff and puff making my mum feel awkward. When we go out, we will be all laughing and joking - except him. He will be watching motor bike vids on his phone or just looking at Facebook. It embarrasses me tbh.
We also get invited out and he will say no, when I want to go, before I can even reply he will say we are busy!
This isn't all the time tho, if it's all about him - he will go, and be Life and soul of the party! If is his bday, or his idea to go out... but if it's not his idea he just doesn't speak to people!
It's not just going out, I feel like he just wants me to himself! I have grown up daughters and they invite me out with them, but if I say I'd like to go, he belittles it laughing saying why would I want to go out dancing with a load of young kids!
They are in their 20s - and yes are half my age but they are my daughters!!
Am I clinging onto youth? Should I be going out with my daughters? Or sitting on the sofa with him like a good little wife?
I just don't know!!
Why do I feel so bloody awkward and fed up all the time? Maybe I'm having a midlife crisis but I just wanna be having some fun!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »