Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you get as much sex as you'd like?

(15 Posts)
sidge Thu 19-Jul-07 12:02:09

My sex drive has returned with a vengeance after having DD3 and coming off the mini-pill (only took 10 months )

But DH seems to still be dormant...

I have tried suggestion, flirting, being subtle, being very unsubtle and basic pouncing but most times just get flanned. I know he still loves me (lots of cuddles) but I'm beginning to get frustrated that my efforts are being rejected.

So am I the only one? Is anyone else wanting nookie and not getting it? What can I do? It's difficult having some time alone as 3 children and no family to babysit, but I am wondering just how to rebalance our mismatched sex drives.

Meglet Thu 19-Jul-07 13:52:28

No, I don't get as much as I would like either.

notasheep Thu 19-Jul-07 13:53:55

Yes,Zero

meandmy Thu 19-Jul-07 13:54:23

no i dont enough either,

OrmIrian Thu 19-Jul-07 13:54:40

No. Too much quite often.

mumto3girls Thu 19-Jul-07 13:54:53

have you asked him outright what the problem is?

slinkyjo Thu 19-Jul-07 13:56:12

lmao i dont get enough my sex drives returned after having a coil fitted lol sometimes its like imtrying to flirt with a brickwall

expatinscotland Thu 19-Jul-07 13:56:25

Yes.

I think you and your husband need to have a frank talk.

hoolagirl Thu 19-Jul-07 13:59:26

Nooo, im always pestering him

sidge Thu 19-Jul-07 14:36:05

Phew glad I'm not the only one then!

We have had a chat, he says he isn't in the mood at the same time as me - he likes mornings (blurgh) and I like night time. Occasionally we get the urge at the same time and when we do it's fab (sorry if TMI)

I think it doesn't help that he is in the most tedious job ever, and that seems to be impacting on his life - he is generally rather sluggish and not the dynamic person he used to be.

Ho hum I guess I will just have to put up with it a bit longer, and arrange a sexfest away one weekend!!

beansontoast Thu 19-Jul-07 14:43:58

yes..at the moment!...but we have patches where our libidos far from match.

i suggest you just ride it out

meandmy Thu 19-Jul-07 22:05:07

i tell my dp outright i dont get enough, although i love the cuddles sometimes im having to do favours to get what i want!

lupo Sun 22-Jul-07 22:47:46

no. def not getting it enough, and gets quite frustrating alwys having to be the one to initiate it

onefootinthegravy Sun 22-Jul-07 22:53:06

Not at the moment!!! Dh has been in Iraq for 11 weeks now and I have to say I am very frustrated !!! 3 weeks til his R&R he'll probably be more knackered when he goes back out there

Sidge Sun 22-Jul-07 22:59:15

LOL Onefoot - my DH is Navy so I know what you mean!!

We conceived DD1 about 5 minutes after him getting home from a 7 month deployment..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now