Talk

Advanced search

Fabswingers!

(34 Posts)
Chachachanger19 Tue 26-Feb-19 17:48:52

Name changed for this one!

Me and H split up last month after 10 years together.
I am in no way ready for a relationship but I want sex! H never truly satisfied me and now that I am single I am finding that I just want to get my leg over (safely)!

I read recommendation for fabswingers so have just set up an account.... shockblush well I feel totally out of my depth! Some of the pictures I’ve had sent to me...!
I just want a guy fwb, regular hook up etc. I am into trying some different things but not a lot of what is listed...

I just wondered what others thoughts are that have used the site?

ClaryFray Tue 26-Feb-19 18:18:29

You'll get lots from unicorn hunters. Couples looking for women. Try fetlife of thats your bag

itsbritneybiatches Tue 26-Feb-19 18:21:43

Are you nervous about it all?

That Gavin and Stacey episode where dawn and her fella were in the Chinese!

itsbritneybiatches Tue 26-Feb-19 18:23:09

I would be totally out of my depth too!

You're very brave. Make sure you stay safe and let someone know where you are and check in with them regularly.

villageshop Tue 26-Feb-19 18:23:22

You might get more specific advice and recommendations from the sex thread. The relationship thread tends to be more about relationships.

Chachachanger19 Tue 26-Feb-19 18:36:57

Britney- yes incredibly!

Village, I didn’t even realise there was a sex threadblush off to have a look!

reallemonade Tue 26-Feb-19 18:39:31

Sorry, haven't used the site. You will probably be inundated with offers for FWB whichever site you use though 😁 just meet for a drink in a public place before you agree to anything. You're free to change your mind at any point.

theworldistoosmall Tue 26-Feb-19 18:44:57

It's a great site if you are looking to join couples.
If you want simply a man on his own, Tinder is your friend and put you are looking for nsa but you aren't going to fuck all of Tinder.

Set up a Snapchat account so that the ones that take your fancy you can chat to more. I also suggest a new number just for dating, so you can also Whatsapp with them without giving your real number.

Tinder does have a messaging bit, but it's tedious to use after a while. I send any matches quickly over to Snap or WhatsApp.

ComedyBoobs Tue 26-Feb-19 18:48:33

Hi op,

I'm on Fab. I pretty much ignore the lists of 'interests' - I asked one guy about it. He said he just randomly ticked the boxes.

Im meeting up with someone on Saturday for a coffee. He did ask if I wanted a hotel room to go with my coffee but I declined the offer for now.

Chachachanger19 Tue 26-Feb-19 20:39:39

Thanks, been messaging a couple of guys who seem less ‘intense’ than some of the others so will see how that goes.

MumCatx2 Tue 26-Feb-19 22:30:20

Try Ashley Madison and Illicit Encounters. Lots of guys looking for no strings sex and i met 3 that i saw several times. Really good experiences. Theres also Killing Kittens parties, very cheap for the single girp and you can go and just watch. The KIK app lets you chat without giving up your phone number, you find each other with a username. Enjoy!

Lacypants Tue 26-Feb-19 22:33:51

I have an account with my bisexual ex bf to meet other bi men. Tbh I find the men on fab to be much more upfront and also more respectful than men on tinder. That's just my experience though.

chestylarue52 Wed 27-Feb-19 10:37:59

My advice for fabswingers is to be super specific about what you want!

Eg. I have every other Thursday night free and would like to meet a kind polite man with xyz physical attributes for sex at my house / your house and a glass of wine. I won't tolerate dick pics and want to chat for a few hours before meeting in a public place.

Men who want casual sex are so abundant that you can be very specific and very picky.

Do your due diligence to make sure they're not married. Pay attention to any red flags. I always change some minor detail of the first meet in advance (do you mind if we meet 15 mins earlier?) can weed out control freaks. Go for lots of first quick coffees and don't wear a sexy outfit for them.

I met a few great men through this method!

Whatsallthisaboutthen Wed 27-Feb-19 10:39:36

My gf likes OKCupid.

CassettesAreCool Wed 27-Feb-19 11:54:16

I joined Fab for 20 minutes (before my account deleted itself for some reason) and found it pretty overwhelming - but in that time I managed to meet a nice, local FWB who is an excellent lover. I think the men are more open and polite than on Tinder. I laugh at dick pics and don't get offended by them, but I know that's not true for everyone by any means.

I put nothing on my profile except my age and locality, and didn't really have a chance to look at any men's profiles as I was so busy fending off the messages. Like a PP, I suggest you pretty much ignore some of the more outlandish claims about what they're into - focus instead on how they message and meet on neutral, public ground ASAP to establish attraction and ground rules. Have fun!

Crystalintheeyes Wed 27-Feb-19 11:56:55

I’m on fab also.

Your be able to have a pick of whatever you want.

Kick5w Fri 12-Jul-19 14:16:56

Message deleted by MNHQ because this is an old thread and we're not a hook-up website! Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Marlboroandmalbec34 Fri 12-Jul-19 18:58:49

I’m on fab. Be specific about what you want. Meet for coffee first. Delete the dick pics. Have fun 😁

Ringdonna Fri 12-Jul-19 22:02:49

We are on as a couple, single women get swamped with messages.

Val5555 Fri 12-Jul-19 22:25:45

Most fellas on there can’t be bothered with more than a ‘hi sexy” or sending a picture of their cock. A lot are clearly married too. I had 170 messages on day one, of which 3 were more than one line.

inthebackground Fri 12-Jul-19 23:01:15

Oh god fab is FULL of married men.
Think you can do better than that website tbh

Littlefluffycloudos Fri 12-Jul-19 23:06:42

@theworldistoosmall can I ask how you get a new number without a new phone! Total newbie here....

FuriousVexation Sat 13-Jul-19 01:42:10

@Littlefluffycloudos

Just get a new sim card and put it in your phone. If your phone is locked to your network then you need to either get a new phone (about £20) or accept buying sims only from your network provider.

75Renarde Sat 13-Jul-19 02:16:58

Avoid Fab and Get. Actually, pretty much all online dating.

I know you said just sex OP but women are spectacularly bad at keeping those two camps far apart.

I do wish you well but be very careful. Most women worry about their physical safety but perhaps they should be worrying about their mental safety too.

Marlboroandmalbec34 Sat 13-Jul-19 10:54:55

Op. Please join the dating thread. Lots of us have FWBs on there and some have found actual relationships on fab

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »