Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Online man, not sure if he's nuts

(21 Posts)
evo8 Fri 06-Jul-07 14:38:47

I've just got talking to a bloke via love@lycos, in his first message he said I was welcome to add him to my msn and gve his address, I didn't bother but replied to the message.

2nd message he directly asked me to add him to my msn, I again decided not to but answered the rest of his message.

3 message he said "please can we talk via msn??" I said I didnt give my msn address out until I knew someone better, he replied ok and asked me what I did for a living, when I told him he told me he was a police officer and added "I wish we could get to know each other via msn".

Is he a nutter??

HuwEdwards Fri 06-Jul-07 14:39:47

dunno about a nutter - but he is overly persistent.

Cappuccino Fri 06-Jul-07 14:41:02

good grief

evo8 Fri 06-Jul-07 14:41:38

I made a joke in my last message saying "I take it you're a fan of msn?" and he's just replied now saying its a reasonable way to chat online and asked if I would add him again...seems a bit obsessive...you would've thought a police officer would appreciate someone being careful online.

lulumama Fri 06-Jul-07 14:41:52

wouldn;t face to face dating be a better idea? internet is a dangerous place for this sort of thing

people can very often not be who they purport to be

elasticbandstand Fri 06-Jul-07 14:42:34

dont think he woudl be a police officer.

nutcracker Fri 06-Jul-07 14:42:34

Nutter or not, he sounds bloody annoying which would put me right off anyway.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 06-Jul-07 14:47:20

Yeah, he sounds persistent and irritating.

It would probably be better if you'd acknowledged the MSN thing at the start, and said you didn't want to do it until you knew him better, but he is still persistant and annoying, anyway.

TaylorsMummy Fri 06-Jul-07 14:48:55

sounds a bit of a weirdo tbh.i think i'd steer clear if i were you.

OFGS

Twiglett Fri 06-Jul-07 14:51:53

but you can just set up a hotmail address and msn from that

in that way you have a real time conversation

don't see the problem really

Freckle Fri 06-Jul-07 14:56:01

Actually he sounds about 15.

evo8 Fri 06-Jul-07 17:47:57

I made up a new hotmail and gave him the msn for that, just curiosity really...I googled his user name and he has posted on car forums before and with the real name he gave me so checks out so far.

Face to face dating is hard for me due to work

lemonaid Fri 06-Jul-07 17:53:32

I think problem is that he pesters evo8 to do something, she tells him she doesn't feel comfortable doing something and would rather not right now, and then he starts up the pestering again. It doesn't really matter what the "something" is, that runs up red flags IMO.

evo8 Fri 06-Jul-07 18:14:02

I think he may be a wierdo after all, after 10 minutes briefly chatting on msn he told me his sex like with his ex dissapeared years ago and he doesnt know whether it was because she was crap in bed or whether it was because he had a tiny willy

Maybe I'm prude but I'm not sure I would say stuff like that after only 10 minutes of talking to someone, even as a joke

TaylorsMummy Fri 06-Jul-07 18:16:28

omg - don't go there!!

especially as he has a tiny willy

evo8 Fri 06-Jul-07 18:18:20

lol its not the tiny willy that bothers me, its the just the memtioning of it so soon! lol

Think I'll stay clear of this one, he did send me a picture but I can't believe he's a police officer, not sure how a police officer would sound but he doesnt sound like he would have a job like that if you see what I mean?

TaylorsMummy Fri 06-Jul-07 18:19:11

maybe he's a cleaner in a police station or something?

(not that there's anything wrong with that,mind)

evo8 Fri 06-Jul-07 18:20:07

Or he spends a lot of time at the police station for other reasons? lol trust me to get a nutter!

Anniegetyourgun Fri 06-Jul-07 20:32:54

Run away, run away!

NotQuiteCockney Sat 07-Jul-07 06:44:01

evo8, the world, and the net, are full of nutters - don't take it personally!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now