Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you truly respect your dh/ dp?

(77 Posts)
everychocolatehasaskinnylining Thu 05-Jul-07 13:53:23

Because I'm not sure that I do - could it be that I am falling out of love?

Blandmum Thu 05-Jul-07 13:55:18

Yes, my dh is the most wonderful person I have ever met. I love him more now that I did when we married 20 years ago.

The most decent, honerable, loving , kind, funny and loving person God ever put breath into. Life is unfair sometimes

Sobernow Thu 05-Jul-07 13:57:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sobernow Thu 05-Jul-07 14:00:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carmenere Thu 05-Jul-07 14:00:32

I respect him as a father and I respect him for his profession, determination and intellect. But I don't think he is a particularly talented partner. But then that's my problem for not expecting higher standards.

PregnantGrrrl Thu 05-Jul-07 14:01:10

definately-he's a self assured, confident-yet-self-deprocating man, he works hard enough to pay the bills, but not so hard that we never see him, he treats me brilliantly and i don't know what i'd do without him.

when you say you don't respect him, in what way?

ghosty Thu 05-Jul-07 14:06:08

MB ... {{{{{}}}}}
Hope you are as ok as you can be.

Regards to OP

I respect my DH, definitely. He is a good man who is a fabulous husband and father. I can't believe how far he has gone in his career since I met him (he worked in a pub when we met 13 years ago) and he has done it all himself through sheer hard work and sacrifice ... He has also come out a 'normal' bloke considering his parents were crap.
I couldn't live with someone I didn't respect.

expatinscotland Thu 05-Jul-07 14:06:21

Yes, or I wouldn't be with him.

Love IS respect. Real love is.

You don't 'fall' in or out of it.

You make a conscious decision to continue being or even meeting with someone who has evoked certain emotions in you. There's nothing 'falling' about it.

Anytime I feel the slightest wavering in the respect I have for my husband, I took a good hard look in the mirror and think about what there is to respect about ME, and I think about all the people on here who married utter twats and pinch myself that I'm married to DH.

BabiesEverywhere Thu 05-Jul-07 14:07:59

Yes, with all my heart

mumblechum Thu 05-Jul-07 14:09:38

Yes. My dh is the best person I know.

DontlookatmeImshy Thu 05-Jul-07 14:12:00

Same as what expat said.

tasja Thu 05-Jul-07 14:14:18

I respect my DH otherwise I wouldn't have married him. I love him so much!

Iklboo Thu 05-Jul-07 14:15:57

Yes of course - and just as importantly he respects me

lionheart Thu 05-Jul-07 14:16:56

What expat said.

DaddyJ Thu 05-Jul-07 14:20:45

everychoc, why have you stopped respecting your dh?
Is it something that he does/does not do?

Respect and love go hand in hand, oui.

dragonstitcher Thu 05-Jul-07 15:11:24

I can't say that I do anymore. After 8 years of mental/emotional abuse, my respect for him is considerably lacking.

Love? There is a thin line between love and hate and I'm walking it.

mumto3girls Thu 05-Jul-07 15:15:03

i respect my dp aswell as love and fancy the pants off him. He's hard-working yet puts his family first, he is kind and generous and so funny too! He's my best friend.

mumto3girls Thu 05-Jul-07 15:15:41

dragonstitcher...whats the story? why are you still there?

mumblechum Thu 05-Jul-07 16:10:28

Oblomov Thu 05-Jul-07 16:23:00

God yes. He has shocked me and I did lose a tiny bit of respect for him, over an issue. But basically, I am so in love with him and I respect him alot. He is brilliant at all the things I want to be brilliant in !
Most of his friends are prats, who don't treat their wifes /gf's very well. He puts me first every time. He is in a totally different league and I am lucky to have him.
I wonder what has happneed to the OP to post such a question ?

anorak Thu 05-Jul-07 16:33:57

My DH is the greatest prize of my life. He's easy to respect because he works hard, not just at his job, but in every way, in every part of life. He always goes the extra mile to try and make me happy. He looks out for me. My welfare is as important to him as his own.

All this on top of being funny, sexy, clever...

doggiesayswoof Thu 05-Jul-07 16:37:40

What expat said.

I could not be with someone I didn't respect. Or someone who didn't respect me.

unknownrebelbang Thu 05-Jul-07 16:41:42

Without a doubt.

He is a fine man. A fabulous father and a generous giving husband.

MascaraOHara Thu 05-Jul-07 16:43:05

Nope.

but then in the past he has been a lying deceitful little runt.

meandmyflyingmachine Thu 05-Jul-07 16:44:12

Yes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now