Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relate - How much?

(7 Posts)
Jonut Thu 28-Jun-07 00:48:02

i knwo it's late but does anyone know how much relationship counselling with Relate costs roughly? Oh was seeing a woman for 2 weeks before finishing with me(I was pregnant at the time)and having a relationship with her for about 3 months (or so he says). After being apart for months we got back together. This all started around a year ago but things have been coming out in drips and drabs, the latest revelation being in May. I just can't seem to get over it and put it behind me which is getting me so down. The only thing I can think of now is counselling which I doubt he'll go for tbh

Pradamark Thu 28-Jun-07 04:10:23

Relate is fab in my opinion. It was £40 (per session) when we went, but they did say they try to "work with you" on the cost issue so if it's too expensive they let you contribute what you can afford I think.

Really hope things work out for you Jonut. Have been through something similar and wish you all the best.

Jonut Thu 28-Jun-07 10:07:23

Thanks Prada, how often do you normally go, is it weekly, fornightly, etc?

LoveAngel Thu 28-Jun-07 10:32:17

We paid £35 per session after negotiating it with the counsellor. We went once a week for 3 months, then once a fortnight for 3 months and it saved our relationship (I'm not employed by Relate, honestly!).

hellobello Thu 28-Jun-07 12:33:04

We went for quite a long time and paid about £40 when we were working and no more than £7 when we were skint. They helped us to help ourselves enormously and without all the help I expect we would both be in a worse situation now, with or without each other.

I think these days, we're pretty normal and bicker sometimes and get on really well more often. We have some useful tools to deal with the downside which are usually useful!

Pradamark Thu 28-Jun-07 18:37:53

Yes like LoveAngel we went once a week. They are really good, you really get to talk and they help you to see eachothers side of the issues.

hellobello Thu 28-Jun-07 18:59:36

Dh and I have been to couple councelling together and separately. If your partner won't come along, it's them who loses out, and if it's the end of the relationship you will be full of insight and feel better about yourself and should you go into another relationship you will be less likely to do the same things.

As I've mentioned before, cost should not be an issue. I hope things work out for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now