Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DP wants to move away

(4 Posts)
CherryCupcake Wed 27-Jun-07 17:30:04

My partner told me earlier that he has planned to move abroad for 6 months. He said he is doing this to help his own frame of mind, he said he noticed himself feeling aggressive and violent towards me and its shook him up and made him want to get away.

Is this his way of finishing with me or is he genuinly trying to sort his head out? I feel abandoned by him as I have stuck with him through his problems and he just seems to be disregarding everything I have done whilst saying he needs to "Get away".

I have told him that I want him to stay, he's not even considering my feelings on it. Should I just leave him to it?

Dior Wed 27-Jun-07 17:31:19

Message withdrawn

Carmenere Wed 27-Jun-07 17:32:24

I think he may be trying to split up with you, sorry.

mintchips Wed 27-Jun-07 19:53:35

Whilst I think he should be given some credit for realising his feelings and wanting to do something about them I don't see how going abroad for 6 months will help.

Surely if he loves you he would stay and try and sort it out another way, maybe through counselling. It does seem he is using this as a way to get out

Do you have kids together?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now