Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Foul Mouth

(4 Posts)
CherryCupcake Thu 21-Jun-07 14:52:06

My DP had a rough upbringing and he is constantly swearing, every other word is a swear word but he's so crude with it, like I made some jam tarts with the kids and he came walking in saying "can I have one of those jam sluts?" he thinks hes funny but I dont want to kids to grow up talking like this. My friend phoned me last night and DP said "bobble tits, its your mate" and my friend heard him, she couldn't stop laughing about it but it made me feel stupid.

When he says hes going to toilet he refers to it as "the shitter" or "the shithouse". Toilet roll is "shit wipe" etc and my kids have copied these phrases in the past. Half the time he does do it to be funny (like tha jam tarts thing) but other times he genuinly doesnt seem to realise.

He's very touchy at the moment so I dont want to cause an unneccessary row but my friend said she would get it stopped as its disrespecful. What do I say if anything that will not cause an argument?

WigWamBam Thu 21-Jun-07 14:55:10

This is the guy who threw you out the other day because he's bipolar and won't be treated for it?

I wouldn't still be in the house with him.

People were concerned for you on that thread, by the way; it would be nice if you could update them.

mumto3girls Thu 21-Jun-07 14:57:21

How about 'good-bye'?
I read your other thread too - can't believe your still with him!

Desiderata Thu 21-Jun-07 14:58:18

This sort of thread is difficult to answer. We don't know your dp, so how would we know what to say?

Your kids should come first, so get rid of him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now