Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Think my niece hads a thing for dh.

(23 Posts)
wurlywurly Wed 20-Jun-07 15:50:12

Maybe i'm reading too much into this but anyway this is wahts going on. She is always texting him and chatting to him on msn. She flirts with him loads when she sees him. I have her on my msn but she rarely talks too me. Now she is phoning him asking if she can come down at the weekend and stay over so she can introduce us to her new boyfriend.

Part of me thinks, we have been together 13 years he wouldnt touch her with a barge pole, but on the other hand she hasnt got all the flabby bits that I have.

Please tell me i'm talking utter crap.

TIA

JodieG1 Wed 20-Jun-07 15:51:23

Since you asked, I think you're talking utter crap Don't worry your dh won't want her.

HuwEdwards Wed 20-Jun-07 15:51:37

what does your dh think? does he flirt back? enjoy the attention?

TootyFrooty Wed 20-Jun-07 15:53:09

Sounds like he's enjoying the attention. I assume he's replying to her texts and her messages?

allgonebellyup Wed 20-Jun-07 15:54:00

how old is she?

wurlywurly Wed 20-Jun-07 15:54:54

she is 19, they can sit up chatting half of the night.

allgonebellyup Wed 20-Jun-07 15:55:51

well at least she had her own boyfriend!

TootyFrooty Wed 20-Jun-07 15:55:56

He's encouraging her. Break his fingers so he can't type/text her anymore.

allgonebellyup Wed 20-Jun-07 15:56:00

HAS

wurlywurly Wed 20-Jun-07 15:58:57

When she first started talking to him and texting him I thought it was quite sweet that she could sit and discuss things with him, but now i'm getting a little fed up with it.

mylittlestar Wed 20-Jun-07 16:02:54

I'd speak to him tbh, and get him to cut down the contact. Not that I wouldn't trust him or his judgement, but it sounds like she has a crush and I don't think she should be encouraged.

He may enjoy the attention/ego boost - but she may not understand that's as far as it goes. He may then end up in an awkward situation with her in the long run.

Best to get him to nip it in the bud now I would think.

IMHO!

fireflyfairy2 Wed 20-Jun-07 16:03:11

Is she your sisters dd or his sisters dd?

Not that it makes a difference, I am just asking out of curiosity.

wurlywurly Wed 20-Jun-07 16:03:41

she is my sisters step daughter

RnBee Wed 20-Jun-07 16:04:02

Definitely sounds like she has a crush to me. And, sorry but sounds like he is enjoying it too. Get him to stop.

kimi Wed 20-Jun-07 16:04:23

Talk to your DH and tell him it is not acceptable for him to spend so much time talking to her.

mylittlestar Wed 20-Jun-07 16:06:05

And not wanting to add to the paranoia, but my H (age 30) just had an affair with a 19 year old. And they are not as naive and innocent as I thought!!
(Or should I say not as naive and innocent as I was at 19!)

I'm sure if you talk about it he will be able to put a stop to it in a nice way, before it gets out of hand.

kimi Wed 20-Jun-07 16:24:48

I bet he is lapping it up. Block her from MSN

wurlywurly Wed 20-Jun-07 18:18:50

have deleted her and also blocked her from his msn account.

MilkMonitor Wed 20-Jun-07 19:52:27

Won't he be annoyed at you blocking his MSN contacts? Maybe you should talk to DH first?

NotQuiteCockney Wed 20-Jun-07 19:54:39

Do you really think he'd do anything about it? If so, yes, I guess doing something about it makes sense. (Although, to be fair, if I found myself married to someone who I thought would sleep with his 19-year-old niece, I'd just divorce him.)

If you don't think he'd do anything about it, where is the harm? She's having a harmless crush, he may feel flattered, but if you're sure he wouldn't act on it, surely it's just good for her to have a good friendship with another adult?

kama Thu 21-Jun-07 18:50:20

Message withdrawn

NerdMagnet Thu 21-Jun-07 18:53:02

Sounds like a harmless crush.
I am sure your DH is flattered, but there is nothing to worry about.
(If your concerns intensify, you could always remove his testicles as a precautionary measure. )

Homebird8 Thu 21-Jun-07 18:58:50

Keep your friends close ... and your enemies closer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now