Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I need to help my daughter!

(12 Posts)
HabboBlaker Sat 11-Aug-18 11:09:31

Hi everyone,
My daughter has been talking online with someone for over 3 months now. They spoken on the phone etc but not via video chat.

Something doesn't add up.
He gave her his full name and where he was born - I've checked the birth records nothing.

I think the only way I can prove to her he's not quite right is to find the profile of the person in the pictures - I've tried a reverse image search - nothing

What else can I do???

DerelictWreck Sat 11-Aug-18 11:12:59

How are you checking birth records?

NoTeaNoShadeNoPinkLemonade Sat 11-Aug-18 11:14:15

search his email on Facebook?
how old is your daughter?

GreenMeerkat Sat 11-Aug-18 11:15:49

How old is she?

HabboBlaker Sat 11-Aug-18 11:25:12

You can easily search birth records online with a name and place of birth

She's 18

We don't know his email address, and he states he doesn't have Facebook or Instagram... I know something is wrong but she is completely believing of him and I know she'll be hurt

Aprilshowersinaugust Sat 11-Aug-18 11:28:15

Invite him over, seem to be accepting of her choice, he will likely refuse all rl contact - she will wise up in time.

Queenofthedrivensnow Sat 11-Aug-18 11:30:11

Employment? College?

LadyFlumpalot Sat 11-Aug-18 12:37:44

Where is she chatting to him? Can you report his profile anonymously as being a fake? That way it will (hopefully) get investigated and you won't be implicated?

LadyFlumpalot Sat 11-Aug-18 12:40:14

Or, put his phone number into Facebook or google, see what profiles matched to his phone number appear.

LIZS Sat 11-Aug-18 12:44:40

Unfortunately as long as she is an independent adult there is little you can do. What is setting off your radar and how did they "meet"?

pisces7268 Sat 11-Aug-18 12:48:17

Get her to watch an episode of catfish

GreenMeerkat Sat 11-Aug-18 12:53:17

How did they get chatting if he has no social media?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: