Talk

Advanced search

Catlady and Mini: Our new beginning (Support Thread)

(1000 Posts)
CatLadyToddlerMother Fri 27-Jul-18 17:47:18

Previous thread here from AIBU

Told to start new thread over here for support. TL:DR as previous thread is almost full: On 4th March this year my husband attacked me and threatened to kill me in front of our then 2 year old. I spent 10 days living on my mums sofa. Am now back in the flat we shared but planning to move soon on the request of my lovely over involved Social Worker. DD is now 3 and despite a few developmental issues is coming on in leaps and bounds. We also have a cat who is fussy, selfish and snobby lovely.

Mini and the cat have been the only things keeping me going sometimes, I've been so down even though everyone thinks I'm doing ok, sometimes I wonder if I'm too good at hiding it and I actually am loosing my mind.

Will post all updates here from now on.

AcrossthePond55 Sun 23-Dec-18 16:03:07

What a lovely old gent Grandad is! By any chance does he have a white beard and wear a red suit? If he doesn't, he should! 🎅🏼

Now I want hot cocoa. But with a smidge of Amaretto in it. Yum

CatLadyToddlerMother Sun 23-Dec-18 18:01:05

We should do a GDD meet-up ;)

We should, maybe Zofloramummy could come too? wink

I love lamb shanks too, was so happy when they were on the Ikea restaurant menu!

I love Ikea, haven't been for years though as the nearest one too me is 35 miles via motorway and I don't do motorway driving.

By any chance does he have a white beard and wear a red suit?

He has a beard which is white, never seen him in a red suit but I'm not seeing him Christmas Eve this year as he's "busy" wink

Queenofthestress Sun 23-Dec-18 18:03:40

The more the merrier!
I have 2 packs of ikea swedish meatballs in the freezer :D

Zofloramummy Sun 23-Dec-18 20:09:10

I’m a lamb fan! I wonder if we live anywhere near each other? I’m in North Wales.

CatLadyToddlerMother Sun 23-Dec-18 20:24:46

I’m not far from N Wales, about 2 hours drive. I took Mini to the beach at Prestatyn in August as it’s so close by.

Zofloramummy Sun 23-Dec-18 20:30:44

I’m about 9 miles from Chester

RandomMess Sun 23-Dec-18 20:35:59

I'm 2 hours from Chester but possibly in a completely different direction grin

CatLadyToddlerMother Sun 23-Dec-18 20:37:58

RandomMess I’m south of Chester

RandomMess Sun 23-Dec-18 20:40:03

I am north!!! I can guess whereabouts you live as your Ikea is my stop off on the way to Londonwink

Queenofthestress Sun 23-Dec-18 20:46:50

I'm no where near chester, my family is from there though, then moved to scunthorpe and now we're near Hull sad

Motoko Mon 24-Dec-18 00:11:56

You're going to need a new thread soon! New Year, New Thread!

CatLadyToddlerMother Mon 24-Dec-18 11:29:30

Gave in and let Mini have one small present from her pile under the tree.

She chose one from a friend of mine.

It's a barbie doll shock a proper one as well. Mini loves it as it's a mermaid one. She's running round the flat singing "my mermiad loves the water" smile plus it's got her to shut up about the other presents under the tree.

Merry Christmas Everyone, hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow.

I'll start a new thread in the New Year and will post the link here for you all.

CatLadyToddlerMother Mon 24-Dec-18 12:29:28

angry

"Hi Catty*, made a f**k up with my shifts and I am actually working both 26th and 3rd when I'm due to have MiniLady, can we rearrange so I can see her?"

I've asked when he's free but I will not be changing my plans for him.

*The nickname again angry

CatLadyToddlerMother Mon 24-Dec-18 12:30:13

27th that should say

RandomMess Mon 24-Dec-18 12:45:58

So I reckon he's had a better offer and either dumped mini or switching shifts to accommodate...
Only reflects badly on him!

Does he work weekend shifts on his rota?

CatLadyToddlerMother Mon 24-Dec-18 12:53:00

He hasn't got a set shift pattern and his weekly shifts have always included at least 1 shift at the weekend.

I asked when he was free and picked days and times from that for him to have her, no way is he messing with my plans just because of his cock up. If it goes down badly in court then so be it.

Jux Mon 24-Dec-18 12:56:39

... will not be changing my plans...

Quite right.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!! 🎁🎁🎁🥂

RandomMess Mon 24-Dec-18 12:57:45

So he has to work weekends all the more reason why he should only get 50% of them anyway!!!

I would want it in writing from his employer that he no longer gets shifts in advance...

It won't look bad in court that he cancelled his contact at short notice!

CatLadyToddlerMother Mon 24-Dec-18 12:59:58

It won't look bad in court that he cancelled his contact at short notice!

Will it not?

RandomMess Mon 24-Dec-18 13:03:01

Not on you, only on him!

Motoko Mon 24-Dec-18 13:13:52

When I was little, we accumulated presents under the tree from family and friends who would visit before the big day. My parents allowed me and my brother to open just one of those presents on Christmas Eve. I think it helped to calm us down a bit!
I carried on that tradition with my own children, so I think it's worth doing. You could make it a tradition.

Have a merry Christmas with Mini, and I hope 2019 is a better year for you. x

Queenofthestress Mon 24-Dec-18 13:13:53

He has basically fucked himself over in terms of contact in courts eyes, you've been reasonable and offered days around your plans that were prearranged, so if he can't see her thats his fault

CatLadyToddlerMother Mon 24-Dec-18 14:55:27

Hot chocolate is flowing mine might have a dash of gin in ;-). It’s officially Christmas!

Merry Christmas, see you all in the new year.

Queenofthestress Mon 24-Dec-18 15:27:33

Here's to a new year thats hopefully a better one! gringin

Zofloramummy Sat 29-Dec-18 15:58:50

Hey are you ok? I think I just spotted you on another thread but MN have taken it down.

This thread is not accepting new messages.