Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help and advice

(7 Posts)
Willing2acceptAdvice Mon 25-Jun-18 14:13:19

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if I could have your thoughts and experiences on something. I’ve been in a relationship for 5 years. I just don’t feel the same any more but on the same hand I’m ready to have children. We’ve worked at it but it seems to be that we just don’t work. However much I want it to and she wants it too. We just seem to tackle problems differently.

Im 35 now and just recently I’ve started to worry just slightly about having children in my late 30’s and I suppose I’m worried about meeting someone and how long it would take etc. As I 20 yr old I I thought I would be married by now and have 2 children maybe a 3rd on the way.

So my two questions are...what would you do if you were in my shoes and my other part is not really a question. I’m asking for people who have found themselves 34, 35, 36 single and childless and have gone on to meet someone, get married and have children...

Your time would be really appreciated and I’ll let you consider it as your good deed for the day.

Thanks again

Sally2791 Mon 25-Jun-18 14:16:07

Don't have children if already it's not working

WasFatNowThin Mon 25-Jun-18 14:22:13

I think you need to get out of that relationship if it isn't working for you, and the quicker you do it, the better.

sparklepops123 Mon 25-Jun-18 14:28:41

You really don't want kids with him if your doubting the relationship. Do you really want him involved for the next 18 yr + ?

Willing2acceptAdvice Mon 25-Jun-18 15:16:33

Hi thanks for your replies already. So has anyone been single at my age and gone on and met other half and had children?

SparklyMagpie Mon 25-Jun-18 20:00:13

I'm wondering if you are who I think you are 🤔

SparklyMagpie Mon 25-Jun-18 20:02:17

Yep you've got to be after seeing your second thread about the same thing

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: