Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How long does it take to feel normal again

(3 Posts)
Jenny1989 Thu 21-Jun-18 22:03:39

Right, so I’m fed up of crying. Fed up of feeling empty. I was only with my most recent ex for 6 months (i have another thread on here all about that fucked up mess, so won’t bore you all again with the details). Previously to that, I was with my fiancé for 8 years, broke up last June after buying our first property together. I thought I was fine by xmas when I met the recent fucktard but clearly I wasn’t. He was a bandaid covering up all the hurt and disappointment from the fiancé breaking up with me. I’d never ever get back with my fiancé but the way he ended things has really fucked me up in the head and left me struggling to trust others or my judgment of characters.

I’m now back to therapy, as of tomorrow. I need to work out why I ‘collect’ broken men and try to be the one to save them; give them all of me only for them to take the piss.

How long will it take for me to become the person I want to be. Strong, independent and able to see arseholes for what they are and have enough about me to fuck them off when they’re not worth my time?

MummyAndSon17 Thu 21-Jun-18 22:41:26

I think spending time by yourself without being in a relationship or thinking about men will help you.
When you do that you look at other things in your life that you've been too distracted to pay attention to. Then work on those aspects of your life. 'self healing' as people say 😂
I'm in the process of doing that and already I feel more independent and I feel like I have a clear view of what people around me are really like. There's a lot more arseholes around me then I thought there was before I became stronger LOL

springydaff Fri 22-Jun-18 02:57:06

Have a look at codependency

Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: