Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Adopted sibling desperate for advice

(8 Posts)
Leanneevans95xx Thu 21-Jun-18 21:37:20

I have two younger brothers. That were adopted around the age of 9/10.
One has turned 18 in April
One 17 today.
I'm really feeling the pain of not seeing them and wanting to start building relationships if possible.
Does anyone know how I'd go about trying to contact the older brother? Or how I could go about getting my contact details to him if I'm not allowed to contact him? To see if he even wants to make any contact.
We are all badly neglected as children and at a very young age of 8-14 I was pretty much raising them whilst my mum was alwyas out of it on drugs. I'm scared they'll see there file and think all our family are bad, but I can't speak for them but I'm desperate to make some sort of contact.

HollowTalk Thu 21-Jun-18 21:42:45

Sorry to hear about your childhood. It sounds really tough.

Did you stay with your mum? I hope everything went well for your brothers. I would contact social services and ask what can be done now. I hope you can make contact - I'm sure they have happy and safe memories of you.

StaplesCorner Thu 21-Jun-18 21:52:48

If you Google it then this is one of the charities that comes up -http://www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk/default.htm

I contacted my birth mother I had some help from social services, not sure they are still doing that though. I definitely think on this occasion, Google is your friend.

StaplesCorner Thu 21-Jun-18 21:53:14

www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk/default.htm

sorry link fail

Singlenotsingle Thu 21-Jun-18 21:54:34

They're probably on Facebook

Leanneevans95xx Thu 21-Jun-18 21:56:31

Thank you for the advice.

I didn't stay with my mum I was classed as to old to be adopted so I went from career to career from home to home. I think it's very very difficult and it's so compliavted the adoption process. I keep trying to research it. But I'm getting so flustered with all the different process and I cannot afford legal advice currently which is what avenue I keep seeming to find myself being told I have to go down.

feathermucker Thu 21-Jun-18 21:57:25

You've posted your real name Maybe? Ask mods to change it.

Try Facebook first and good luck

HollowTalk Thu 21-Jun-18 22:08:46

You shouldn't have to pay anything. Call social services and ask to speak to someone who deals with adoption, then take it from there. It sounds as though you've had a tough time, OP. I hope you're in a happier place now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: