Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does it count as cheating if it's with a celebrity?

(408 Posts)
falsesmile Mon 18-Jun-18 21:04:49

My friend (female) kissed one of her childhood hearthrobs at the weekend. We were down in London and ended up in a club he was in. Anyway she got the nerve to talk to him and we ended up sitting with his group and she ended up all over him in the booth. No sex, but a lot of kissing and wandering hands.

She told her husband when we got home!! He doesn't mind (or so he says). The guy was on her list of people she's allowed to sleep with, she had posters of him on her bedroom walls and he's in his late 40's/early 50's now? Anyway her and her husband both agree it doesn't count as cheating if it's someone on the list or someone famous. WTF? I don't know if she'd slept with him if he'd be bothered even? They've been together 20 years, married 15 and neither of them have ever cheated before. Both just carrying on, I'm in shock she told him so freely and he doesn't mind!!

PoohBearsHole Mon 18-Jun-18 21:06:51

Not my style. Cheating is cheating BUT I still want to know the childhood hearthrob

MoreCoffeePlease123 Mon 18-Jun-18 21:08:03

😳

heartyrebel Mon 18-Jun-18 21:12:13

Who was it???

GreenMeerkat Mon 18-Jun-18 21:13:07

Yeah I wanna know who it was!! Spill....

GreenMeerkat Mon 18-Jun-18 21:14:00

Also... in my marriage it would be cheating and I'd never do it but your friend clearly knows her husband and knew he wouldn't be bothered so went ahead and did it. Seems odd to me but Each to their own I guess

Secretsquirrel101 Mon 18-Jun-18 21:15:11

Yeah... no. Cheating is cheating. I don't care if it's Jess from down the local pub or candice bloody swanepoel, id be gutted either way!

Wanderwall Mon 18-Jun-18 21:16:07

If neither of them mind then that's all that matters.

ObiJuanKenobi Mon 18-Jun-18 21:16:34

Nope if DP kissed anyone I would be devastated

NameyMcNameChange00 Mon 18-Jun-18 21:17:22

I couldn’t possibly tell you if yabu or not unless I know who the celeb is.

o0o0o Mon 18-Jun-18 21:17:38

YY @Wanderwall

Not my kinda thing but if they're ok with it then good for them! Or good for her --- is he still wall poster worthy?

aldaniti Mon 18-Jun-18 21:17:47

Of course it was cheating!

If it was David Boreanaz she is excused.

chocolatesprinkle Mon 18-Jun-18 21:17:51

Depends who it was

YourVagesty Mon 18-Jun-18 21:19:43

Who who who OP?

InterstellarSleepingElla Mon 18-Jun-18 21:20:15

Is it actually cheating though if both people in the relationship/marriage say it is ok?

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 18-Jun-18 21:21:25

I have always had dreams of marrying Marti Pellow. DH knows about this and stood with me in the freezing cold for 2 hours outside a stage door so I could meet him. Although we have both joked about him being my one person I'd be allowed to sleep with (his is Natalie Imbruglia) there is no way either of us would be serious about that. It's a bit odd to me, but to be honest a hug and kiss on the cheek from MP was enough for me to float on cloud 9 for ages!

InterstellarSleepingElla Mon 18-Jun-18 21:22:57

Oh and I will say it wouldn't work for me (both me and DH have our celeb crushes but if ever the opportunity arose neither I nor DH would actually do anything!)

PoodlesOfFund Mon 18-Jun-18 21:23:52

Yeah, I can kind of see this as not cheating. It's a one off. You know the paramaters. The husband gave permission prior during the writing of said sleb list. It's a novelty not anything more.

anametouse Mon 18-Jun-18 21:26:30

DH could kiss Kylie but not bonk her, that's my limit.

falsesmile Mon 18-Jun-18 21:27:11

I've told her I've put on MN and text to ask if can reveal name. She says no. He's still pops up on game shows and stuff every so often and was big in the late 80's early 90's that's all she says I can say. Also he's married so suppose his wife might not be happy about it? I doubt my friend was on his list!!

raisedbyguineapigs Mon 18-Jun-18 21:27:47

Was it Jason Donovan? grin

GreenMeerkat Mon 18-Jun-18 21:27:56

If he's married that's a different story.

Doubt he and his wife have the same kind of 'arrangement'

MadMags Mon 18-Jun-18 21:28:13

Surely you knew everyone was going to focus on who he is?!

somuchunanswered Mon 18-Jun-18 21:30:12

Did your friend know he was married? Didn’t knowing he was actually a total knob shatter the illusion for her then?

DailyMailDontStealMyThread Mon 18-Jun-18 21:31:45

He is married.

His poor wife.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: