Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

long term single..

(14 Posts)
Butterflykissess Sun 17-Jun-18 21:56:35

ive been single for 2 years. i have 4 kids and i am a LP. looking at the possibility of dating a realistically it will not be possible until my children have grown up! but i cant help but feel sad and lonely! anyone else long term single?

newsparklythings Sun 17-Jun-18 22:01:55

Bump

And yes - 5-6 years and counting, LP here also.

Tbh aside from work which is a long drive from home and only just fits with childcare hours, I really don't get out much.. at all.. ever.. so hard to see how to realistically start a relationship. The only LPs I know who do it share custody and also drop their kids off with anyone and everyone for days at a time - I don't want to.

springydaff Sun 17-Jun-18 22:42:39

2 years is long term single??? shock

Kill me now

Counttofour Sun 17-Jun-18 23:10:19

Single nearly two years but still feels quite new to me. I feel like I'm recovering from the end of a long marriage and my focus is still very much on looking after myself and DC. I do sometimes feel lonely but no desire for another relationship yet ever.

AnduinsGirl Sun 17-Jun-18 23:12:57

3 years since sex and about 7 years since a relationship for me!
Luckily my default setting is single so it would take someone pretty excellent to convince me out of that and into a relationship. I do miss sex though.

Walkacrossthesand Sun 17-Jun-18 23:15:53

23years post-divorce here - one 3 year LDR 10years ago, then back into the desert. I'm an exception, though, most people seem to manage to pair off again somehow. And even I haven't given up hope..

Butterflykissess Sun 17-Jun-18 23:27:58

when i say 2 years that literally not meeting anyone at all (as in no dates either, nothing.)

glad to see im not alone.

Gottokondo Sun 17-Jun-18 23:41:09

2 years doesn't sound very long to me. Do you miss it or are you happy being single at the moment?

Singlenotsingle Sun 17-Jun-18 23:48:21

Surely you've got your hands full with 4dc without the added complication of a man? Men want time and attention, they want to move in and take control, and they may not get on with your dc!

ItDoesMyHeadIn Sun 17-Jun-18 23:49:13

I've been single my entire life and I'm 33! I've been in love, I've had involvements long term and short term but I've never had what I would class as a serious, valid relationship. I became sexually active again this year, but before that I was celibate for six years. Being single doesn't really bother me as I don't know any different and I'm a massive introvert anyway. But if it was totally my choice I'd like to get married one day in the future x

Butterflykissess Mon 18-Jun-18 00:34:06

really. hmm must just be because my ex met a woman and moved her in 6 weeks after we broke up! my hands are full hence the fact i cant date. but obviousl

Butterflykissess Mon 18-Jun-18 00:36:16

posted to soon! obviously i miss the company and all my friends are settled down marrying etc. my friend said to me the other day "what will you do when the kids move out and your left all alone" it gor m

Mintychoc1 Mon 18-Jun-18 00:52:48

I was single for over 10 years, completely single - no dates, sex, nothing - just didn’t have time or energy. (Single parent, 2 kids, no dad involved). Then 2 years ago, when DS1 was 10, I felt ready, so signed up to online dating and met my boyfriend within a week.
2 years really isn’t long OP, when you’ve got kids.

Butterflykissess Mon 18-Jun-18 08:42:49

maybe its just me and my friends/family that think its long then. everyone keeps telling me to get on tinder!(not gonna happen) think alot of them feel sorry for me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: