Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

quick/easy divorce if both parties agree

(12 Posts)
wilfwalking Mon 28-May-18 00:53:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Singlenotsingle Mon 28-May-18 01:01:30

Divorce on grounds of 2 years separation with consent of both parties.

wilfwalking Mon 28-May-18 01:02:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotTheFordType Mon 28-May-18 03:34:07

Yes you can do it in 2 yrs separation as long as you both agree.

Have you spoken to your ex about this?

wilfwalking Mon 28-May-18 16:00:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WeeMcBeastie Mon 28-May-18 16:32:07

I used and it was very easy and straightforward. I think it cost around £200 for the divorce and financial agreement plus the court fees which were around £450. It took around 18 weeks, I reverted to my maiden name at the start of the process too, I used deed poll because you can purchase multiple certificates meaning that you’re not waiting to have your divorce certificate returned before sending it off. It was much quicker that way. I didn’t have any issues with Quickie divorce, they have a helpline to answer any queries but the forms are actually quite easy to fill in. Good luck. smile

WeeMcBeastie Mon 28-May-18 16:33:42

I think you can also just apply to the courts and do it yourself as well. There should be guidance online. smile

MirandaWest Mon 28-May-18 16:34:48

XH and I didn’t use solicitors. Cost whatever the court fee was at the time (think it was £410 then which we split between us). We didn’t do a financial consent order as had v few assets and we agreed about the children.

You can download the forms from the gov uk site and it is pretty straightforward.

waterSpider Mon 28-May-18 17:06:24

Yes can divorce yourself without paying solicitors. Cannot escape the court fee (which I think is now about £550).
Start here:
The one to issue the divorce, I would advise, is the one who is better at filling in forms and bureaucracy in general. It goes take a while, with various stages.

LeeBird Mon 28-May-18 17:21:51

Did my own divorce. Do not use any “cheap” firms to help you. It is really straightforward if both parties agree to divorce. You start by filling form for divorce (somebody above already gave you the link), Court will send papers to the other party, they have to sign the papers and send it back to Court. Neither of you need to attend the court on the day. Everything is clearly explained in Court papers, they will write to you explaining every step and timelines. It is really not difficult. Good luck!

SusieQwhereareyou Mon 28-May-18 17:46:41

You can go back to your maiden name using a deed poll and you can download a free template and just get two people to sign it - you don’t need to go to a solicitor. Mine has been accepted by banks, passport office etc.

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 28-May-18 17:58:33

You can do it all yourself, I never involved a solicitor (nor did ExH). has all the info you need.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: