Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone in a poly relationship?

(22 Posts)
Polyannah Fri 25-May-18 20:57:48

I don't want a debate about the morality of poly relationships please. If you don't agree with them please click back now smile

Is anyone in the UK in a poly relationship?

I was in a poly relationship a few years ago but I met my partner online through non-poly avenues so now I don't know where to head.

I was wondering how you met your partners? I have a girlfriend but I am looking to find another likeminded person to share my life with.

Thanks!

Dadaist Fri 25-May-18 23:51:38

Eh? “Is anyone in the UK in a poly relationship?”
Um - This is the UK: ‘no one here is in a poly relationship - have you tried France?’
No idea what you are asking really OP??

ReanimatedSGB Sat 26-May-18 00:01:16

You might have better luck looking at relevant blogs like CoffeeandKink or Cara Sutra tbh.

DN4GeekinDerby Sat 26-May-18 00:19:01

Most other polyamorous people I know I've met through hobby groups that aren't really related to polyamory. There are quite a few polyamory groups on facebook which can sometimes be good for talking but I've not really met anyone through that.

MistressDeeCee Sat 26-May-18 00:29:59

Makes me wonder if there's a dating site for those interested in meeting others interested in Poly relationships. There must be, surely..?

MadamQuimby Sat 26-May-18 00:35:45

Dadaist I've reported your comment for blatant xenophobia...
What the hell does being French have to do with the post? You sound like a Daily Mail reader.

Polyannah no real advice, just hope you find who you're looking for to complete your relationship.
Be safe xx

Singlenotsingle Sat 26-May-18 00:36:14

Sorry, not me. One grumpy partner is quite enough to cope with, thankyou

Singlenotsingle Sat 26-May-18 00:37:11

Poor old DM dragged in again, I see!

MadamQuimby Sat 26-May-18 01:02:02

single
Of course the Daily mail would be dragged in... This is perfect fodder for a sad face article, especially for someone as xenophobic as Dadaist. Whom I have reported.

Who are we to decide how someone chooses their relationship?

Perhaps we weren't meant to be monogamous? Just ask the men and women in relationships and marriages who have cheated?

poly please ignore any negativity, I'm sure you were prepared for it, but don't let it get you down x

SexyManatee Sat 26-May-18 01:18:26

Dadaist isn't being xenophobic, she's trying to be funny. She's pointing out that the OP asking for UK polys only is somewhat amusing (and potentially limiting the responses that the OP may receive) as people in other countries might have useful advice.

MirrorMirror21 Sat 26-May-18 01:19:13

Pretty sure that isn't what Dadaist meant. They just picked a random country to show how silly it was to ask the whole of the UK a question on MN, and expect somebody to be able to answer on behalf of the millions of us who live here.

MirrorMirror21 Sat 26-May-18 01:19:59

Cross post. Your theory might make more sense than mine blushgrin

SexyManatee Sat 26-May-18 01:25:29

I'ma actually more convinced by your theory Mirror!

ScreamingValenta Sat 26-May-18 01:39:21

Dadaist was humorously highlighting the impossibility of any one MNetter speaking for the whole of the UK, by referring the enquirer on to one of the UK's neighbouring countries.

SoSobored Sat 26-May-18 01:43:28

I am OP and I met people on okc - there is also a poly classifieds group on fb and a uk poly group. Good luck xxx

LellyMcKelly Sat 26-May-18 01:51:19

Hallo, Daily Mail. Come in. Pull up a chair and help yourself to a cup of tea. Let me get you some Victoria sponge from the sideboard.

Whyarealltheusernamestaken Sat 26-May-18 01:51:46

I’ll be honest I had to google poly relationships. Good luck, frankly I have enough issues with one person annoying me smile

MadamQuimby Sat 26-May-18 02:22:58

Hold my hands up... If that's what dada meant then apologies... sarcasm / funny didn't reach me blush

DramaQueenofHighCs Sat 26-May-18 02:44:54

I've recently "come out" as Poly and in the VERY early stages of a secondary relationship with another man. We met online (am meeting for real in a couple of months) but not in a poly group.

ChiaraRimini Sat 26-May-18 14:00:24

OKC allows you to search on relationship styles eg mono or poly.
Outside major cities you may not find many poly matches though.
There are some Facebook poly groups.
Good luck!

Polyannah Sat 26-May-18 15:54:31

The is for the responses. I didn't even think of FB. Just looked and there are a few groups.

I just thought it would be easier to start off in a setting where people are of the same mindset than brining it up on monogomous sites and getting a negative response.

Polyannah Sat 26-May-18 15:54:48

Thanks * blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: