Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not sure what to do....

(8 Posts)
WhereToGO14 Sun 20-May-18 19:19:45

Amy second wives/relationships feel excluded from DH/DPs family to the point that DH actually goes to family occasions with his ExW who is also invited? This is not what I thought family life would be like, but all seems to be so acceptable to them.

carol1234568 Sun 20-May-18 19:35:22

Do they have kids together?

WhereToGO14 Sun 20-May-18 20:43:36

Yes. ExW has a partner

winsomebutlosemost Sun 20-May-18 20:45:57

How long have you been together?

I had someone who was a bit like this, and it turned out 5 years into our relationship that he still loved his ex wife, hence he'd been happy to pretend he was still married to her.

Thewhale2903 Sun 20-May-18 20:47:36

Does exW partner go to these family gatherings/parties?

WhereToGO14 Sun 20-May-18 20:50:01

Been together 10 years. Yes ExW partner does go. DH just accepts that this is normal.

Thewhale2903 Sun 20-May-18 21:20:25

So why don't you go? Are you not invited? If so why not?
Sorry if that's nosey I'm just curious

winsomebutlosemost Sun 20-May-18 21:22:48

If she's going with her partner, he's not going "with" here, they are just both invited. If you're invited too, maybe it's just in the interests of the kids if there are kids?

Might be the case, especially if it was amicable. I am a little jaded though but I do have friends on great terms with ex partners and still holiday together with the kids.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: