Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can anyone decipher this bonkers msg?

(90 Posts)
MozzchopsThirty Sun 25-Feb-18 15:00:45

Utterly bonkers, I can't make any sense out of it.
It's from my ex .........

Good morning. Sorry for texting you last night, that was inappropriate although I do have a couple of things I'd like to say.....
I would like us to see if we can start fresh as I know how amazing it can be and the connection we have but I think we should both do our own thing, wether it be pof or dating or sleeping with whoever and see where it goes. If we are meant to be then and we can get some time together we can have a different conversation. I'm not a player and I'm not prepared to be played, but I've cancelled things with people too often since you got back In touch and going forward I'm not going to do that and you should do the same. The funny thing is I'm looking for something that I'm not going to find somewhere else but I'm going to try. I'd like us to meet up and get it back on track and have that conversation but if not I'll be just fine with the good memories we had. I hope this message reads ok and isn't nasty or attacking as honestly it's not meant to be. Hope you have a fun day with the boys. 👍x

Caselgarcia Sun 25-Feb-18 15:04:22

He wants to get back together but date other people as well?

Ryder63 Sun 25-Feb-18 15:05:12

Background and context needed!

elmo1980 Sun 25-Feb-18 15:05:17

Sounds like he wants to have his cake and eat it. Were you together long? Kids together? How do you feel about him?

chloetheudder Sun 25-Feb-18 15:06:02

It doesn’t make much sense but it sounds like he wants to start again with you but in an open relationship? It basically sounds like there’s a part of him that thinks you’re the one but another part of him that wants to keep looking elsewhere.

Lalimerente Sun 25-Feb-18 15:06:23

Have you got back in touch as he seems to say?

Aprilshowerswontbelong Sun 25-Feb-18 15:06:43

He wants you available for shagging when he can't get any other offers.

inmyheadimthequeen Sun 25-Feb-18 15:07:13

Did he text you last night? What does he mean, 'since you got back in touch'? It sounds like it may have been meant for someone else, tbh.

ScreamingValenta Sun 25-Feb-18 15:07:30

April has it!

Masterbuilders Sun 25-Feb-18 15:08:03

Actually it’s hard to give a balanced reply without the context and the messages you’ve sent.

It reads like you initiated contact with him and maybe he’s the one feeling a bit strung along here? Cancelled potential dates etc, doesn’t feel like he’s getting a response as such.

This message on its own makes no sense without the back ground and context. One message may read like he wants his cake and eat it. However I’ve a feeling that’s not the case here.

DesertSky Sun 25-Feb-18 15:08:17

Sounds nonsensical. I’d reply “on yer bike mate”

Olicity17 Sun 25-Feb-18 15:09:29

It really depends on context and whats been going on.

Aussiebean Sun 25-Feb-18 15:09:30

To me it sounds like he would like to go right back to the beginning. Where you are dating but it’s not exclusive yet.

Then if things progress, that’s good, if not, all good too.

MissMary0fSweden Sun 25-Feb-18 15:10:39

I had a horrible ex who, if I didn't try and get in touch would pretend he'd had a call or a text from an unknown number and contact me under that pretence. It was his way of a) opening the dialogue and b) rewriting history to not lose any face.

Ashamed to say it worked once or twice. Sad wanker

MissMary0fSweden Sun 25-Feb-18 15:11:50

Sorry meant to say it reminded me of that

GrooovyLass Sun 25-Feb-18 15:14:54

Deffo he wants you to be available for shagging with no commitment. Did he message you last night?

MozzchopsThirty Sun 25-Feb-18 15:15:25

Yes we've been in touch for a few weeks
We were supposed to meet up for dinner but he ruined it before we even went out so I cancelled it

I got the feeling the text was saying, yeah I'm happy to see you but I still want to date other people in case it doesn't work out
He is desperate to be part of a relationship

DatingLife Sun 25-Feb-18 15:15:55

What a lot of words saying nothing. He sounds like he's got loads of mixed up thoughts in his head - or he's being deliberately confusing and obscuring, more likely. He seriously wants to shag around on PoF and for it to be OK with you 'cos you had a "conversation" shock what a joker and an idiot to boot.

MozzchopsThirty Sun 25-Feb-18 15:17:11

Yes he messaged drunk last night saying why did I bother to get in touch and then make no effort 🤔

Shoxfordian Sun 25-Feb-18 15:17:24

He doesn't sound desperate to be in a relationship

He just wants to have you as an option while he shags around. Find a man who makes you a priority not an option.

DesertSky Sun 25-Feb-18 15:17:57

In all honesty it sounds like he’s an ex for a reason

generalleiaorgana Sun 25-Feb-18 15:18:24

Wow. Stay well clear OP

MozzchopsThirty Sun 25-Feb-18 15:19:13

Oh yes I don't mean with me, he's just desperate to be with someone
He has very low self esteem but thinks he's amazing in bed and that women can't resist his dick 🙄

Shoxfordian Sun 25-Feb-18 15:20:32

He's a knob

Don't get involved

PhelanThePain Sun 25-Feb-18 15:20:49

Don’t waste a single second of your time either trying to work out what he means or trying to have any sort of relationship with him. Locate your self respect and use it to find the delete contact button on your phone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: