Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

AIBU Sausages for dinner again?

(135 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

DogBark Fri 23-Feb-18 18:58:22

Every day this week my wife has made me sausages for dinner when i come home from work. Literally as soon as I walk in the door I am presented with sausages!

I said on Wednesday can we not have sausages anymore and she said ok but low and behold Thursday and Friday we have sausages again!!

I know it sounds ridiculous a thing to pick up on but it has got to the point where I think she is doing it to try and start an argument. Either that or it is some joke I am not getting?

I suggested on Thursday that she lets me cook when I get home but she had sausages ready again when i got back today!

Any help appreciated!

FrannySalinger Fri 23-Feb-18 19:00:43

No advice but she sounds like the ideal woman for my 6 year old.

KatnissK Fri 23-Feb-18 19:00:58

Hmmm that is very odd. Did you not ask why she'd cooked you sausages again when you had specifically asked her not to? It does sound like a joke of some sort. Or maybe she is just trying to get through some sausages that are soon to go out of date?

MissMary0fSweden Fri 23-Feb-18 19:01:46

Link please

<tenuous sausage pun>

overmydeadbody Fri 23-Feb-18 19:02:35

Did she at least vary the carb and veg combo to go with it?

Butterymuffin Fri 23-Feb-18 19:03:01

I'd be saying in a lighthearted voice 'have I done something to upset you?' Hopefully it's that she's using up a stockpile of sausages though smile

overmydeadbody Fri 23-Feb-18 19:03:05

grin

DancesWithOtters Fri 23-Feb-18 19:03:13

confused

MsHomeSlice Fri 23-Feb-18 19:03:32

HAH!! link please!! grin grin

Is she knocking off the local butcher do you think?

Cupoteap Fri 23-Feb-18 19:03:48

I thought the only things dogs could say was sausages?

DogBark Fri 23-Feb-18 19:04:01

I am anxious that if i confront her it will start an argument. I felt it easier to just eat the sausages tbh.

Your 6 year old can have them if they are made again! I like sausages but there is only so long I can take it.

Man can not live on sausages alone!

MumGoneMild Fri 23-Feb-18 19:04:22

MissMary0fSwedenstar

timeisnotaline Fri 23-Feb-18 19:04:33

I too would suspect you are in trouble for something. Does she think you should contribute more to planning meals? To planning in general? Did you buy the sausages?

My 2 yr old however would be very happy.

DogBark Fri 23-Feb-18 19:05:01

....also i don't know what "link please" means.

blueskyinmarch Fri 23-Feb-18 19:05:30

She is having an affair with the butcher. He is providing her with free sausage? grin

ShortandAnnoying Fri 23-Feb-18 19:06:28

Is she pregnant and craving sausages and she made the same for you?

DogBark Fri 23-Feb-18 19:06:28

as I said I did offer to cook! I am not entirely sure but I deffo am not confronting it until I have a better idea as to why this is happening.

DextroDependant Fri 23-Feb-18 19:07:30

Is she preparing them in various ways at least?

BrieAndChilli Fri 23-Feb-18 19:07:46

What do you normally have for dinner?
Has something changed - finances or skmething?
Is she pregnant and craving sausages?
Are you having the same sides with it eg mash and beans everyday or has it been sausage and couscous, toad in the hole, sausage pasta etc?
You really need to talk to her

HeyMicky Fri 23-Feb-18 19:08:23

My mother once served nothing but mince in various guises for about a month after my dad refused to give her more housekeeping money and told her mince was plenty cheap enough.

She's clearly trying to make a point - what have you done? Or not done? Are you helping with meal planning? Do you ever cook? Did you complain about a lack of variety? Did you criticise the last item she made sausages?

Cupoteap Fri 23-Feb-18 19:08:46

https://youtu.be/ajsCY8SjJ1Y

MsHomeSlice Fri 23-Feb-18 19:09:22

are they different sausages at least?

Emily7708 Fri 23-Feb-18 19:09:42

Weird. Is she cooking different things with the sausages - mash, chips, egg etc or exactly the same meal every day?

DogBark Fri 23-Feb-18 19:10:55

We usually have things like spag bol, chicken and chips, lamb stew. Granted we occasionally have sausages but this is totally out of the ordinary.

I would just cook dinner and avoid the whole thing but I am at work all day and those sausages are being cooked before I am even through the door.

Everyday they are prepared the same. Sausage mash and gravy!

shouldwestayorshouldwego Fri 23-Feb-18 19:11:29

Yes time to offer to get a shop in for the weekend and meal plan, although don't just buy stuff that you want her to cook, make sure it is a collaborative choice <eyes up cauliflower languishing in fridge - I only like (tollerate) cauliflower cheese except I can no longer have wheat, dh can't have milk, no one other than dh eats naked cauliflower>.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: