Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Shall I drink it!

(30 Posts)
needtogetfit Sun 18-Feb-18 00:19:54

So my husbands cousin bought my husband a bottle of whiskey in duty free somewhere in Portugal and I want to open it! Because he's hurt me and I want to drink it ! Is it safe! How safe is drinking whiskey from abroad lol! I hate him!!!! He's hurt me!!!! So I wanna drink it as it's the only alcohol in the house!!!!

SantaClauseMightWork Sun 18-Feb-18 00:23:23

Errrmmm.. you ok? hmm

heartyrebel Sun 18-Feb-18 00:25:08

I would. It's a pretty good "fuck you".

HeyRoly Sun 18-Feb-18 00:26:13

If you have to question whether "foreign" whiskey is safe to drink, then I'm guessing you're drunk enough already. Don't do it.

tafftum Sun 18-Feb-18 00:27:15

Drinking anything in moderation is fine. Don't drink too much, you don't want alcohol poisoning.
Have a bit but be safe!

forumdonkey Sun 18-Feb-18 00:28:24

Imo I'd sleep because things do feel different in the morning. You sound upset and emotional so the worse time to hit the bottle

QueenNefertitty Sun 18-Feb-18 00:37:59

OP- what do you mean he's hurt you? Are you okay?

ScreamingValenta Sun 18-Feb-18 00:39:44

Drinking in anger isn't usually a good idea. Do you feel up to telling us what your husband has done?

needtogetfit Sun 18-Feb-18 00:47:14

He's a knob!!!' I hAte his guts!!! I've been with him since I was 17 years old. He's abusive. He's a cheat! He's made me dependant on him! He's selfish!!!!! This whiskey is looking like an awesome plan and I don't care how angry he gets about me opening it!!!! He thinks he can take the piss out of me and I've fell for his charms for the past 13 years!!! Not anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

lucylouuu Sun 18-Feb-18 00:48:57

drinking isn't going to help you especially if you're angry

RebelRogue Sun 18-Feb-18 00:51:28

Put the bottle down,hide it,LTBand then drink it to celebrate.

ScreamingValenta Sun 18-Feb-18 00:52:20

Is there anyone with you at the moment? Any friends or family you can talk to? You sound as though you're in a bad way flowers.

jasmin93 Sun 18-Feb-18 01:01:53

Take a deep breathe and count to 10!
When he is abusive, pack your bag and leave him! (Or make a plan how to achieve that). Do not drink out of anger. Do not ruin yourself.
I am sure he is not worth it....
Call a close friend of yours to keep you company & talk.
Men suck. Women rule. Be strong!! flowers
You deserve better

mumtothreeplustwins Sun 18-Feb-18 01:02:13

Call someone please. Stay away from the bottle.

TiffanyAtBreakfast Sun 18-Feb-18 01:13:21

Pour it down the sink instead OP. Hope you're okay.

slowco4ch Sun 18-Feb-18 01:15:57

Clear head for tomorrow. The whisky won’t help. Start to think about what you need to get out. We’re here and we’re listening. Take your time.

MotherofaSurvivor Sun 18-Feb-18 01:45:09

ANGER + WHISKEY = BADDDDD COMBINATION!

needtogetfit Sun 18-Feb-18 01:53:40

Just tried setting his clothes on fire but the match wouldn't work!!! Haha doesn't think match love him??? Why won't his belongings just go up I smoke

I HATE HIM!

Madupfam Sun 18-Feb-18 02:04:30

What the fuck go to bed 😂🤣

ScreamingValenta Sun 18-Feb-18 02:07:25

Not a good idea! Suppose you did set light to his clothes - think what else might be set alight; what damage you might do.

Please, OP:

1. Get some RL support
2. Get some sleep. Trust me, what might seem like a fantastic idea when drunk in the small hours loses its allure the moment you wake up with a hangover.

Fullerhouse Sun 18-Feb-18 02:07:39

I second that o think you need your bed lovely 😂😂

Ubercornsdiscoball Sun 18-Feb-18 02:08:53

You need to go to bed

MrsElvis Sun 18-Feb-18 02:10:43

Step away from the matches and the 🥃!!

Angry and pissed are never a good combination.

Go to bed and come up with a new life plan in the morning

needtogetfit Sun 18-Feb-18 02:31:14

He's still not home when he said he will be back at midnight feel like burning eveyrhing can't cope

lizzlebizzle33 Sun 18-Feb-18 02:35:37

Don't burn anything OP! Is there not somewhere else you can go? A friends or something? Take the whisky with you but PLEASE don't burn anything!!! It's not the answer luvvie.xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: