Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The house next door

(254 Posts)
isobel79 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:46:41

Ok so I have the most gorgeous neighbour. He helped me out with a kitchen appliance crisis a few months back. As a thank you I said we should do coffee.
Today was that day.
He is smart intelligent handsome and such a gentleman.
I have been admiring him since he moved in.
Anyhow I text him to say thanks for a lovely afternoon. He replied with
"You are very exciting, and I dont know how it could end."

What does this mean. I want it to mean one thing but it probably means something elseconfused

I may be moving at the end of this month and I won't see him sad

What do I do I am very attracted to him.

DotCottonDotcom Tue 06-Feb-18 21:48:54

How far away are you moving?
Doesn’t need to be the end?

Armygirl Tue 06-Feb-18 21:49:07

Maybe ask him how he would like it to end?

HettySunshine Tue 06-Feb-18 21:49:48

My first thought is that he sent this message to you by mistake as it really doesn't make sense. I really hope that's not the case though as he sounds lovely.

Why not just ask him out?

hatty44 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:50:20

If the crisis was a few months ago, seems there has been plenty of time for something to have happened by now....
Or do you know bump into him very often?

Mymouthgetsmeintrouble Tue 06-Feb-18 21:51:38

It means you could possibly be doing lots of exciting (naughty) things together , just ask him out hes shown hes keen

meowimacat Tue 06-Feb-18 21:52:13

That message doesn't make sense - is english his first language? I would say 'well thanks again, let me know if you'd like to go for a coffee another time' - you could always explain you may be moving soon if he doesn't know that already. Then the ball is in his court.

2cats2many Tue 06-Feb-18 21:53:28

That's such a weird text to send. Is English his first language?

2cats2many Tue 06-Feb-18 21:54:19

Cross post! Great cats think alike wink

DontDIY Tue 06-Feb-18 21:54:51

I wondered if English was his first language confused

And agree, drop in that you might be moving as a way of definitely seeing him again before you go

Klobuchar Tue 06-Feb-18 21:55:25

Don’t wish to be the villain of the piece but I will anyway....

How would you feel about living next door to someone who you’d dumped, or had dumped you? Or just had a few dates with and it didn’t work out so it was awkward every time you opened your front door?

Do you own or rent? Any plans to move at all? How about him?

Klobuchar Tue 06-Feb-18 21:56:04

Oh sorry, just seen you might be moving away.

isobel79 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:56:59

English isn't his first language.
Well it's always been a case of bumping into each other whether I'm off to work or whether we just happen to be outside at the same time.
Thanks for all replies

Bastardingcough Tue 06-Feb-18 21:57:44

Ask him how he'd like it to end?
Then you can either play it straight (asking for clarification) or coy.

isobel79 Tue 06-Feb-18 22:01:52

I don't know how obvious I was to him to show him that I fancy him like crazy all I asked him was how he is single because he really shouldn't be. The things you come out with when you nervous flirt doh!!!!!!

Rudgie47 Tue 06-Feb-18 22:02:57

Might end up with him in prison or being a sex pest.

LizzieSiddal Tue 06-Feb-18 22:05:57

If English isn’t his first language I think he’s saying “I didn’t want it to end” *It being the coffee/meeting.

I’d reply with “would you like to go out again?”

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Tue 06-Feb-18 22:10:28

I think it's pretty obvious he's up for it OP. Go round there now!

Hotdoggity Tue 06-Feb-18 22:12:20

Or, "You're over excited and I want it to stop"... But hopefully not!

isobel79 Tue 06-Feb-18 22:12:20

I'm tempted to text him right now just to say I think he's very very nice O gosh I don't know what to say. It's 2211pm it's late I don't want him to think I'm bothering him

isobel79 Tue 06-Feb-18 22:13:48

If he'd have kissed me I wouldn't have pushed him away

DontDIY Tue 06-Feb-18 22:14:43

Do it.

I’m bored and my only sniff of romance is to live vicariously through MN

isobel79 Tue 06-Feb-18 22:15:35

Also he said if I needed help moving I should let him know omg shall I text him now? I feel butterflies

Gide Tue 06-Feb-18 22:20:25

That sounds very exciting, OP, like he wants to have an interesting things happen with you! I think I’d be pursuing this!

isobel79 Tue 06-Feb-18 22:23:42

Ok how is this for a message which I'm gonna send right now
"sorry for this late message I have to let you know that you are so handsome and I quite fancy you"

Aarrgh what do you think peeps. I'm so nervous it's sounds rubbish doesn't it. You wouldn't think I'm a woman in me late 30s

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: