Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just need to air it

(4 Posts)
wonderingsoul Tue 23-Jan-18 20:25:15

Df is in the military and was based back in the us in June 2017. We are hoping to marry this year . We've been dealing with the distance really well. In some one ways we feel closer then ever .

However just found out today that hes deploying 3 months .just feeling a little sad... I dunno why.. I signed up for this. Its not the deployment as such that worries me.. In just really miss and want to see him now.
Hoping he'll come down in March.

wonderingsoul Tue 23-Jan-18 20:45:15

Tried talking to a friend but they just changed the subject. I don't tend to talk to them about it as the rare time I do some make snide remarks about how it's not a real relationship as we are now long distance.

MollyHopps Tue 23-Jan-18 22:36:27

I’m sorry this is a diffictult time for you flowers I can’t imagine what you are going through so have no real advice, but thought I’d point you in the direction of the Forces Sweethearts talk boards here. Lots of lovely MNers in the same boat as you are.

Also, it’s a bit Dickish of your friends to say what they are saying. How much do you truly treasure these friendships? It sounds like you could do without them.

wonderingsoul Wed 24-Jan-18 04:11:05

Thank you molly, I'll pop over and check it out.

The friends.... I used to think of them like sisters, I'm not sure why they changed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now