Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Any Luck with Bumble?

(17 Posts)
GameChanger01 Sun 21-Jan-18 19:05:47

Is anyone getting any luck or bumble or is it just an ego boosting for men, time wasting app for women!

Matched with quite a few men but even the ones who look good on paper are just fishing for a ONS

TheZeppo Sun 21-Jan-18 20:07:16

Zilch!

GameChanger01 Sun 21-Jan-18 21:01:12

Yeah I think it's just a shallow app version of tinder with just people with better photos perhaps ultimately looking for a hook up... no matter how good their profile is.

ShirleyPhallus Sun 21-Jan-18 21:01:50

I got a boyfriend from the first date I went on on there so don’t lose hope!

ladygracie Sun 21-Jan-18 21:02:29

I’ve chatted to a few men on there but nothing came of any of them. I found it quite depressing.

Christmastree43 Sun 21-Jan-18 21:03:37

I know a couple who’ve been together for almost two years from bumble. Another friend who’s currently looking thinks the men are a lot better than tinder but not sure what actual success she’s had as yet.

rememberthetime Sun 21-Jan-18 21:09:03

Just had 1 year anniversary with my bumble match. Additionally, I have met two other men who have gone on to be long term friends/partners on the site (I'm poly).

I have found the men to be more open minded and interested in proper relationships.

GameChanger01 Sun 21-Jan-18 21:09:05

Maybe I should give this one a chance then... he works in a demanding role I guess and travels a lot, was going to meet me in my town for work but that fell through last minute. I then message to ask how he is and he suggests meeting for drink in his town but he's busy for next 3 weekends... too much effort.

hatty44 Sun 21-Jan-18 21:19:55

I’ve also been on Bumble.
Was led to believe it wasn’t just for Hook Ups but have not had much luck to be honest. Seen a few nice guys on there but typically miles away from me.....

MsHarry Sun 21-Jan-18 21:49:20

I have a friend that has hooked up with 4 men on there in the last fortnight! All ONSs!

GameChanger01 Sun 21-Jan-18 21:53:01

That's just it I'm pretty sure I could hook up quite easily but that's clearly not what I want

earthangel797 Mon 22-Jan-18 10:51:34

Its like any other dating site. There are some just looking for hook ups or ego boosts but there are some genuinely looking to meet someone like minded and have a relationship.

I met someone on bumble back in August and we are still together and we are talking about living together in the near future. I'd say stick with it and just keep all your options open.

Sexykitten2005 Mon 22-Jan-18 16:32:09

I met a lovely guy on bumble. We dated for a few months and ended up being incompatible in one way and decided to split but we are really good friends now. He will be a fabulous boyfriend for someone so there are some good guys out there.

MegFlyAway Mon 22-Jan-18 16:48:57

I just recently broke off with someone I met on Bumble. Really lovely guy just not compatible long term. I prefer Bumble to Tinder!

Greatestshow Mon 22-Jan-18 17:30:23

I haven’t heard of it. How does it work?

ForalltheSaints Mon 22-Jan-18 19:30:47

And I thought Bumble was a children's story or a former cricketer!

Lefty1 Mon 22-Jan-18 20:19:41

I met my DP on tinder and couldn't be happier but I did have to meet up with a few frogs first. Like someone else said all dating sites have a mixture of people looking for diffeeent things , if you make it clear you have no interest in NSA upfront and don't get physical too quickly there's a reduced risk of being used as a hook up . Most guys who are only after NSA will usually fade away after date 3 and no "action" anyways. Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now