Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Back with my ex but I regret it..

(30 Posts)
helpme1011 Tue 16-Jan-18 09:27:26

Feeling a bit down in the dumps. Me and my DP broke up in October when it came out that he had slept with someone in the beginning of our relationship. I was devastated and begged and pleaded for us to work on things. He said that he couldn't trust me because of the way that I found out (snooped on his phone)

We spoke on and off for the next couple of months which resulted in a mixture of emotions. Arguing, crying, sleeping with each other etc.

During Christmas he really made an effort with me and said that he wanted us to try again. I was so thrilled but things slowly ended up going back to old ways and he is now more interested in watching the football then spending time with me.

I know deep down that I will not have a happy relationship with him. He makes me feel like shit. We went to the cinema last night and the whole film he just went on and on about how sexy the actress was. (He regularly goes on about how gorgeous other women are etc)

Don't know why I wrote this. Perhaps for a hand hold and to be told to walk away and to be strong sad

DreamGhost Tue 16-Jan-18 09:30:11

So HE cheated on YOU, but YOU'RE the untrustworthy one?

You already know he won't make you happy and that's a really good start. You can walk away from this and it will be ok. Do you have any kids together?

hollowtree Tue 16-Jan-18 09:30:38

He said that he couldn't trust me because of the way that I found out

Typical response from a cheat! How about you can't trust him after the way he cheated!!!

Run! Run for the hills OP! You are a million times better than this and deserve more than a footie watching, woman oggling arsehole who can't stay faithful.

hellsbellsmelons Tue 16-Jan-18 09:32:08

He said that he couldn't trust me because of the way that I found out
WOW!!!!
So he cheats and HE doesn't trust YOU!
You know what you need to do.
You even say He makes me feel like shit
Why are you putting up with this?
Is it that you HAVE to have a man?
Please get out.
Be single. Get out there. Enjoy yourself. Have some fun.
Away from this!!!

AnyFucker Tue 16-Jan-18 09:35:07

You said it yourself.

Walk away. Be strong. You will never be happy with him. Pick up your self respect, love. Only you can do this. Thete is somebody better for you out there but you won't find it while you still hope this loser will change his ways.

Notasperfectasallothermners Tue 16-Jan-18 09:38:34

Invite your best mate over, ask her (or him) to write down a list of all your special qualities. Read and reread the list until you realise you deserve more than a twat who has no respect for you . There is still some decent men left op - every day you are with that nasty fucker is a day stopping you from finding one.

helpme1011 Tue 16-Jan-18 09:49:15

Thank you for the words ladies. I barely recognize myself. Before I met him if any guy showed me the smallest ounce of disrespect I would tell them to do one. With him I put up with his endless bullshit. Feel like just blocking his number and never speaking to him again but I know it will just end up with him outside my house trying to talk to me

ThisLittleKitty Tue 16-Jan-18 09:53:46

Wow this is unbelievable. So he cheated on you are your the one begging him back. Ok then confused

FizzyGreenWater Tue 16-Jan-18 10:03:32

Well before you block his number text and tell him you're dumping him because he's boring and crap in bed, and ooooh he's a cheat too - forgot that one - so byeeeeeee.

AnyFucker Tue 16-Jan-18 10:18:25

Well, if you don't just dump and block you run the (what sounds like a high) risk of him giving you the bullshit sweet talk again. And you falling for it.

Which hasn't worked out well for you, has it ?

Your call.

helpme1011 Tue 16-Jan-18 10:22:08

So shall I just message and say that I don't think this is going to work out and block his number or do I see him in person and tell him exactly how he has made me feel and how shit his behavior is?

paddlingwhenIshouldbeworking Tue 16-Jan-18 10:24:20

You're right you will never be happy with him so there's only one choice, unless you're going to choose to be unhappy!

Walk away, think about yourself and be excited about a new beginning.

PsychoPumpkin Tue 16-Jan-18 10:28:08

You’re worth so much more than this.
Not only did he cheat on you, but he made out that you were the one that couldn’t be trusted because you followed your gut and had a look at his phone. Just be glad you did, you know know what type of man he is.
He sounds like he wants to keep you down and ‘in your place’ by making you feel insecure (we all fancy certain celebs, it’s natural, but being respectful to your partner, you don’t openly drool over them).

Get rid and get back to that ‘takes no shit’ woman you still are inside.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 16-Jan-18 10:30:11

Hi OP, yes, I would text him. Tell him it isn't working for you, and it's over. There's nothing left to talk about, why meet up, and leave,either feeling drained or manipulated.
Don't waste any more of your precious life with this loser. Listen up !

helpme1011 Tue 16-Jan-18 10:31:52

Really needed to hear all of this.

Thank you so much ladies.

Looking forward to becoming the strong woman I once was!

PsychoPumpkin Tue 16-Jan-18 10:50:53

Best of luck! You can do it!!

Shoxfordian Tue 16-Jan-18 11:14:22

Definitely text to break up then block him

You will be so much happier without him

ferando81 Tue 16-Jan-18 11:30:47

Your partner is a genius .Tell him to get in touch with a publisher and write a book :
How to cheat and get away with it?
Chapter 1:Getting your partner to take the blame
Chapter2:Getting her to beg for forgiveness
Chapter3:Steps to turn a strong woman into a doormat
It would be a bestseller and make him millions
Except your going to ruin his final chapter with a twist in the plot by dumping his sorry arse

DPotter Tue 16-Jan-18 11:37:57

I agree - dump him.
Don't tell him you think it's not working - that leaves a way in for him.

helpme1011 Tue 16-Jan-18 12:51:57

He just messaged me saying "are you angry with me?" He literally rushed off out the cinema last night as if he was late to something..

Ignore or is this where I say goodbye?

Queeniebed Tue 16-Jan-18 12:56:59

It sounds as though he is taking you for granted. You got back together after he did the dirty on you and he no longer respects you. Walk away and don't have any regrets - remember this lesson if it ever happens again.

Up to you whether you text him back saying its over but I wouldn't get into a long conversation with him. Don't let him turn this around on you. Just leave him

Cliveybaby Tue 16-Jan-18 12:57:16

IIf you feel you have stuff to say the maybe email him? Agree with not talking in person - he might talk you round again and you'll eb right back here in a month.

Wakeuptortoise Tue 16-Jan-18 13:05:24

Sounds like he knows how to manipulate you. I would ditch by text or email. Or a letter if you feel really strongly.
I suspect he rushed off for a booty call after the cinema.

letsdolunch321 Tue 16-Jan-18 13:11:59

Why see him in person - he will only humiliate you again.

Text him - I am ending our relationship as we are now back to square one. I do not want any point scoring conversations of who is to blame.

Finished ...... Done

Then block his number

Be kind to yourself . Good luck

MyBrilliantDisguise Tue 16-Jan-18 13:14:03

Don't see him in person! Send a text saying it's not what you want, then block him.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: