Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Blocking partners on facebook

(28 Posts)
72dad Sun 17-Dec-17 07:07:26

I had recent in my own personal situation found that i have had to block my own wife on facebook, not something i take lightly, and researched

Sadly at times we both do use facebook to hurt each other (childish i know) too much suspicions and snooping.

I have explained i wanted to end the circle of destructive behavior and that it will give space to help improve our marriage.

She reluctantly agrees and understands, but finds it painful

love to hear some views and suggestions

BitOfFun Sun 17-Dec-17 07:16:06

I notice your sporadic use of appropriate full stops, and I'm wondering if you are subconsciously in denial about the end of your relationship? Something worth taking to your therapist, if you have one.

theaveragewife Sun 17-Dec-17 07:21:05

There’s research about blocking your wife on Facebook?

No, I think it’s a shit thing to do.

bastardkitty Sun 17-Dec-17 07:22:36

No, it's not okay, obviously.

CoteDAzur Sun 17-Dec-17 07:22:41

I have a view but know I’ll be deleted if I voice it.

So have this instead:

biscuit

twinone Sun 17-Dec-17 07:27:14

I don't have my dh on FB and never have done.
We talk to each other across the room, we don't need our phones to converse via a 3rd party app.

GiveMeTheTeaAndNobodyGetsHurt Sun 17-Dec-17 07:28:05

If you're using Facebook to purposely hurt each other then you have bigger problems than blocking. Wanting to cause pain, particularly in a place where friends and family can see it, is, um, not exactly the sign of a healthy relationship, is it? Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

TokenGinger Sun 17-Dec-17 07:28:24

Whilst I also think biscuit I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and answer honestly.

When I was with my ex, scrolling through Facebook would cause me masses of anxiety in case something popped up he had posted. This could be pictures of women, comments on pictures of women, a status suggesting he was somewhere different to where he had told me etc.

When I unfollowed him and hid his posts, it was such a relief.

What I should have done, is ended the relationship. The fact that his social media usage caused me so much anxiety because I felt it disrespected my position as his partner should not have been hidden or unfollowed. All that did was hide the problem.

bastardkitty Sun 17-Dec-17 07:34:15

Here's a cup of tea to go with all your biscuits and no doubt there will be many more biscuits to come...brew

MaidenMotherCrone Sun 17-Dec-17 07:51:35

Every now and then you come across a thread where you think 'please don't let there be any children'. This is one of those threads.

GertrudeCB Sun 17-Dec-17 07:53:27

I'm with you Cote biscuit

MakeMisogynyAHateCrime Sun 17-Dec-17 08:23:24

Oh.

Slaylormoon Sun 17-Dec-17 08:27:26

biscuit.

confusedlittleone Sun 17-Dec-17 09:12:40

You could just deactivate your Facebook....

PurpleDaisies Sun 17-Dec-17 09:15:30

Where did you “research” should I block my wife from my Facebook page?

user7680 Sun 17-Dec-17 09:24:29

Hahaha so dodgy why not just leave fb???

Unknown5432 Sun 17-Dec-17 09:31:30

Just delete Facebook problem solved!
I'd rather have a healthy relationship with my partner than some silly social media

mumofthemonsters808 Sun 17-Dec-17 09:33:03

It's very strange to use Facebook to hurt each other, I think you both need to grow up, or come off it. I'd hate to be fbook friends with some weird couple who wind each other up, full blown rows etc I'd delete you in a flash.

MrsDilber Sun 17-Dec-17 09:33:16

I hate fb. New Years resolution to delete (have family overseas or I'd just do it now), as long as I can keep messenger, which you can now but never used to be able too, so I can hear off old friends and family who are on there.

gamerchick Sun 17-Dec-17 09:36:12

As soon as you get to the suspicion and checking up stage then your relationship is over. All this is just dragging out the inevitable.

Anasnake Sun 17-Dec-17 09:39:37

What a patronising post

Primamadonna Sun 17-Dec-17 09:44:37

You seem strangely eloquent and dramatic in your posts. Why then are you dicking around on FB like a 12 year old ?biscuit

thegrinchreaper Sun 17-Dec-17 09:47:12

Yet another one of your mind games.
Just delete it if you can't trust yourself to use it appropriately.

GerdaLovesLili Sun 17-Dec-17 09:47:52

Is she on here? I can't think of any other reason a man might want a mostly female audience for this incoherent announcement.

ButchyRestingFace Sun 17-Dec-17 14:21:38

I notice your sporadic use of appropriate full stops, and I'm wondering if you are subconsciously in denial about the end of your relationship? Something worth taking to your therapist, if you have one.

Or a Poet -
And He doesn't know
It

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: