Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What to get your bf family for Xmas?!

(11 Posts)
username24 Sat 16-Dec-17 14:48:20

As the title says really?!

We've been together 8 months and I'm spending Xmas with my bf's family.
There will be his sister, husband and 2 children (boy & girl 7 & 10..I think?!) only met them 3 times and am stressing what to get.

Help?!

Iooselipssinkships Sat 16-Dec-17 14:51:31

A family hamper full of treats they can all dig into!

twiney Sat 16-Dec-17 15:10:32

Variety pack of crisps

category12 Sat 16-Dec-17 15:11:12

I wouldn't get them individual things but sharing things like hamper as suggested above or tin of biscuits/sweets (depending on budget grin) bottle of posh fizz / selection boxes for the kids. Something like that.

twiney Sat 16-Dec-17 15:13:03

Seriously though I would get the whole family an awesome board game. I reccomend ticket to ride.

Proudmummy9183 Sat 16-Dec-17 15:22:26

I would go with a few selection boxes or some kind of sweets for the kids, and a bottle of bubbly and some nice biscuits or more mature chocs for parents.

OrangeCatnip Sat 16-Dec-17 15:26:52

i always make my other half's family something. Usually something simple and homemade, treats such as brownies. This year i'm making candied almonds (easier then they sound) it doesn't take much thought or creativity but scores you immediate points because you made them yourself. Generally cheaper then buying shop bought version too. if you are not a wizz in the kitchen, get a boxed kit or a whole tray premade and cut them up yourself so they look like you did them yourself.

OrangeCatnip Sat 16-Dec-17 15:27:38

Wrap them in cellaphane with a ribbon or in a nice tin. done

ChinwagCharlieBear Sat 16-Dec-17 18:26:35

I would get the kids a selection box/chocolate Santa or a film/book each. A pair of pajamas if you want to push the boat out.
I would get the adults a bottle of alcohol they like and a box of chocolates. Or as above a nice little food hamper of goodies.

TheNaze73 Sat 16-Dec-17 20:37:18

A soda stream would be nice

username24 Sun 17-Dec-17 18:04:57

Thanks for the replies. I make pictures so have done one of those and will maybe make some brownies or something (anyone think of anything more Xmas'y?!..and some booze!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: