Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What is the most suprising fact you have learned about someone you were with/fancied

(67 Posts)
Comedyshortsgamer Sun 10-Dec-17 13:51:26

And did it change things between you two

I learned that he was homeschooled , nothing too major

Junna Sun 10-Dec-17 15:26:07

I learned that he was a cheating, lying piece of shit.

Peanutbuttercheese Sun 10-Dec-17 17:06:30

I learned he was a total mummy's boy and his dsis described how he was mollycoddled as a child.

It explained a lot, he was younger than me, realised he had Mummy issues , shudders uugghhh.

NotTheFordType Sun 10-Dec-17 17:17:14

he had constant bed wetting issues until he was well into his teens.

Unfortunately he neglected to tell me this and thought a stream of piss down my back while sleeping was the best way to communicate.

Trafficjammadness Sun 10-Dec-17 17:21:31

Discovered my ex of 4 years, who decided to go on a two week holiday to Australia, had in fact gotten married to his ow, didn't know anything was wrong or he was cheating till the fucker married someone else and made his mum tell me! Never seen him again he moved to oz permanently

ConcreteUnderpants Sun 10-Dec-17 17:38:55

Discovered one of my ex's lost his virginity to a prostitute and then embarked on a part-time 2 year 'schooling' from her, including group sex and dubious clubs.

Explained quite a lot.

ConcreteUnderpants Sun 10-Dec-17 17:40:45

Traffic you were still together when he went to Oz? Lordy me, sadly I think you win the "Surprise!" trophy. flowers

I learnt he had a degree and masters degree.

AnonEvent Sun 10-Dec-17 17:42:03

I learned he was my second cousin.

I kid you not.

Trafficjammadness Sun 10-Dec-17 17:43:44

Yup 4 year relationship and he secretly marries a random. Devastated at the time but looking back he was a useless twat

lostincumbria Sun 10-Dec-17 17:44:13

I learned she had been raped and had had an abortion.

DownstairsMixUp Sun 10-Dec-17 17:44:20

Learned he was engaged before me (neglected to say)

Only recently found out the full extent of his abusive childhood with alcoholic parents

GinAndSonic Sun 10-Dec-17 17:45:03

That he likes to have sex with men

winterinmadeira Sun 10-Dec-17 17:47:03

I learnt that he was 11 years younger than me! Luckily it didn’t change anything between us.

MortalEnemy Sun 10-Dec-17 17:48:29

That he had a longterm relationship when much younger with a woman who later became a high-profile politician’s wife, and he was tracked down and dogged by tabloid journalists as a ‘former boyfriend of X’, years later when the political marriage hit the headlines for scandalous reasons.

IndianaMoleWoman Sun 10-Dec-17 17:48:47

He came into the supermarket that he didn’t know I worked at (only one date)...with his girlfriend, who was heavily pregnant with their fourth child! I hadnt planned to contact him again but I deleted his number after that.

tccat Sun 10-Dec-17 17:53:22

After asking me to marry him I found out he was already married to someone else
Packed his shit up and snipped all the wires inside his games console 😈

JustAnIdiot Sun 10-Dec-17 17:59:14

He liked masturbating with a plastic bag over his head to cut off his air supply - enhances orgasm, apparently.

Tried to get me to try it while having sex - I declined.

Years later, & long after we split up, he was found dead in a hotel room with a bag over his head, tackle everywhere.

Silly sod.

NC4now Sun 10-Dec-17 18:02:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Sun 10-Dec-17 18:03:14

That he is a homosexual.

Aminuts23 Sun 10-Dec-17 18:03:45

That he’d broken up with me 2 weeks before our holiday abroad. He broke this ‘news’ on our last night away. Tosspot

Loveache Sun 10-Dec-17 18:04:56

That he had been in residential psychiatric care for over a year when he was 12.
I don't know why. A year is a very long time. Often wondered about it as that relationship ended very badly and he changed into an utter psychopath.

ImTakingTheEssence Sun 10-Dec-17 18:05:01

I learned he actually owned the house he used to share with his other "housemates". He put it across as though he was poor and they all shared to keep costs down. I still didn't cotton on he was selling it after we started decorating his bedroom and then dumping me when it was done.

LinoleumBlownapart Sun 10-Dec-17 18:07:14

That he saw music notes in colour. He was odd, nice but odd.

ohcecelia Sun 10-Dec-17 18:09:16

He was raped as a child by his step brother. Also saw his mum being raped by step dad. Naturally he had massive issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now