Talk

Advanced search

The man who disappeared part 2

(386 Posts)
Carrotgirl999 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:15:50

Sorry, I don't know if I need a new thread, as it will probably be me just wallowing / getting angry / getting sad. But thought I'd better anyways

At least I can tell you all when his stuffs gone and the chapter is completely closed.

I am so fucking shocked by all this I truly am. And il have to sit my son down tonight and tell him.

Cowardly cowardly bastard.

Whywonttheyletmeusemyusername Thu 07-Dec-17 17:18:34

I was following your last thread. He's absolutely cowardly and you will be far better off without him. I'm so sorry for what ur going through

Racmactac Thu 07-Dec-17 17:19:47

Absolute wanker.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Thu 07-Dec-17 17:25:32

You'll get there Carrot, it's just going to take you some time to recover and regroup.

I know that ILoveCake in your last thread came over a bit strong but she mentioned the 'Freedom Programme' and I really think it would help you to have a look at that when you feel up to it.

None of this was of your doing, it is all on him. The fact that he's out of your life now is actually a very good thing.

I'm truly sorry for you and your son though, this is an awful betrayal and this man's conduct was beyond cruel.

BackInTheRoom Thu 07-Dec-17 17:27:50

@Carrotgirl999 Please don't give him his Christmas presents. Return them for a refund and you and your DS should go out to the cinema and a meal. 💐

Carrotgirl999 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:28:09

I actually looked at the freedom project but it was so so far away from where I live and there was a long wait. If there's an online version that would be better really if anyone knows? X

Carrotgirl999 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:28:28

Program* sorry

KarenW Thu 07-Dec-17 17:28:43

For what its worth, your son will get a shock, but once you explain about the way in which this bloke treated you , then he will understand.

gingergenius Thu 07-Dec-17 17:29:13

Hey @Carrotgirl999 we're all still here for you

mswater Thu 07-Dec-17 17:30:26

Ohh the tattoo. Small small silver linings. Hugs

gingergenius Thu 07-Dec-17 17:30:58

You can do the freedom program online. I .

I have terrible boundaries, was brought up by a 5 x married man pleaser and am desperately trying not to do the same to me kids. I'm doing it online.

Carrotgirl999 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:31:51

Iv told him today. That he's gone home, he wasn't happy here, and we won't see him again. He was a little upset. He is more worried about me actually. He said Mum, il look after you, it'll be ok.

Fuck that was hard.

Then he asked if he could open the xmas present he had bought for him, and now he's just happy with his new trainers. hmm.

I wish I was that fucking cool. I love my kid.

help1978 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:32:17

You sound like a fucking catch. You’ve dealt with this so well. You rock. He’s a total cock. You will get through this because you have to x don’t be too hard on yourself

gingergenius Thu 07-Dec-17 17:32:26

And it doesn't matter about resolution. Use this as a therapy diary. Even if nobody replies. Because it documents your experience which is an important part of the therapeutic process.

bellsandwhistles89 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:32:47

Bloody hell, you have been put through the mill and behaved a hell of a lot better than I would of. Have a bloody great Christmas with your son and hold your head up high!

Stupid man.

Carrotgirl999 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:32:53

How do I do it online? I think that will be really very good for me x

PrimalLass Thu 07-Dec-17 17:33:05

Cool trainers are far better than an uncool man.

showmewhatyougot Thu 07-Dec-17 17:33:26

At least you know what's happening, is it possible for you to have someone you trust at the house when he picks up his stuff? Just incase hes feeling extra cheeky and takes more then what is his.

Or maybe just dump his crap outside x

Carrotgirl999 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:34:31

I really don't think he will take anything that's not his. He's a coward yes, he's a selfish arsehole, for sure.

But he's no thief. If anything he will probably leave me more money than he owes. Guilt is good for something I guess.

WindowWiper Thu 07-Dec-17 17:34:39

What a pygmy of a man he is, OP., you’ve dodged a bullet there - him
and his ex girlfriend deserve each other, with knobs on.

Even in your posts here you come across as too good for such a weak man, OP. Fuck him and the horse he came in on - put your head up, you’re going to be ok.
flowers

MyBoysMyBoys Thu 07-Dec-17 17:35:41

Just wanted to offer my empathy, and my congratulations.
Enjoy your drink (visions of Amy Schumer with that massive glass grin) tonight, have the best Christmas possible and I hope next year is a fabulous one.

lucylouuu Thu 07-Dec-17 17:36:08

you’ve been really strong, he’s a complete arsehole and a coward. tattoo made me laugh though!

AdalindSchade Thu 07-Dec-17 17:36:19

He's really dug himself into the shit.

strawberryclouds Thu 07-Dec-17 17:36:19

Your son's reaction is brilliant, what a cool kid. You will be better off in the long run OP, it's hard now but you sound like an absolute catch so I'm sure you won't struggle to upgrade.

Aeroflotgirl Thu 07-Dec-17 17:36:34

Your son sounds lovely, bless him. You have each other and that's all that matters.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: